Getting Google Account to sync automatically

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I use CalenGoo and Contacts that feed off my Google Calendar and Google Contacts account. If I enter data on my computer I need to go into the S8 Settings, Accounts, Google and then tell it to sync. I would like this to be more automatic. Is there a way to set a sync frequency or timing? I haven't been able to find a way.

Thanks.

robmidi

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I use CalenGoo and Contacts that feed off my Google Calendar and Google Contacts account. If I enter data on my computer I need to go into the S8 Settings, Accounts, Google and then tell it to sync. I would like this to be more automatic. Is there a way to set a sync frequency or timing? I haven't been able to find a way.

Thanks.
I use an app called Gsyncit on my desktop and laptop. It has a frequency of sync setting in it. You might have a setting like that in yours. I use MS Outlook on the Windows machines. I can specify only those items I want to sync, i.e. contacts, calendar, tasks, etc., and then I must input the Google account info into Gsyncit so it can access the account (my wife & I share her contacts and calendar).
Then, in the Galaxy, when the Google account is first set up, I select the frequency of sync. If you wish to access that setting after setup, I believe you open the "email" app, and your accounts will show up (We have six). Press the gear icon at the top of that column and you'll get to the settings for the accounts. Change them and save. If that doesn't work, remove the account and set it up again to get the sync frequency.
I hope this helps. These phones get deeper, settings-wise, each version and sometimes it takes a while to find all the pertinent ones, as they're not always together on the same screen (which they should be).