Hi. I am a new Android user on a Galaxy S8. I'm coming off iPhone and have a couple questions.

1. Timer - when I set a timer (15 minutes for break) the always on screen shows me an hour glass. Is there any way to get the actual countdown to show instead, even if I have to use a 3rd party app?

2. Edge Lighting - it works for phone calls (green) and texts (orange), but it doesn't work for emails (red). Is this a system bug? I have the settings to make the others work. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help. This is a great phone and I really like the Android interface. These are just a couple things that have been bothering me.
    11-19-2017 10:22 AM
    When I tell bixby to set a timer, I get a digital cowntdown.
    11-19-2017 10:26 AM
    When I tell bixby to set a timer, I get a digital cowntdown.
    I just tried. Hi Bixby, set a timer for 15 minutes. It made me unlock and start the timer. But, it still just shows the hour glass on the always on screen. I have to hit the power button to show the lock screen to see the countdown.
    11-19-2017 10:31 AM
    I just tried. Hi Bixby, set a timer for 15 minutes. It made me unlock and start the timer. But, it still just shows the hour glass on the always on screen. I have to hit the power button to show the lock screen to see the countdown.
    The Always On display has improved but is still limited. I don't think there is anyway to get the actual countdown time remaining with Always On.

I can't help help with the edge lighting as I never use it.
    11-19-2017 10:37 AM
    Thanks. I had a feeling I may be out of luck, but being a newbie, it doesn't hurt to ask.
    11-19-2017 10:40 AM
    I think it's because they're trying to limit the battery consumption of the AOD. An actual countdown there would eat a bit more than wanted, especially since it would enable animated notifs for all.

You could try looking for a timer that has a night mode and keep the screen on while counting.
    11-19-2017 11:01 AM
    Thanks. I had a feeling I may be out of luck, but being a newbie, it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Not a problem . I've never used an iPhone, but I still scratch my head about certain things when it comes to Android. While every manufacturer has their own skins and software tweaks (which can affect user experience), I can tell you that the S8 is a great choice for someone who is making a platform switch.

This is my first 'flagship' phone, so I have a learning cure as well.
    11-19-2017 11:09 AM