T-Mobile IMNE problem

billrigsby

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I think IMNE is what the T-Mobile gal told me. Basically here's the long and short of it in early 2016 I bought a S8 unlocked T-Mobile only phone on eBay it was brand new everything was perfect until today. Apparently it is still linked to this other person's account and it is in collections so my phone is shut off, even T-Mobile told me when they transferred my data that it was unlocked but apparently it is not.

I sent an email to the person I bought it from to see if the bill would be paid but I'm not going to hold my breath, my other option is to get another phone and pay out the nose. But I was thinking I may have a third option let me know if this will work.

If I was to root my phone I think that is the proper term would that alleviate this issue or not, I've read a lot of things about doing this and making a phone inoperable but at this point I have nothing to lose.

Just looking for some guidance right now I have a work cell phone that's keeping me going and I've got until the 19th to either port my number to another carrier, or Magic Jack or something, get another phone or do something so I don't lose that number.

Thank you, Bill

nomi1978

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say, if they have added it to the blacklist which I am guessing what you meant by turned off.

There are folks that say you can get around it but it is usually a temporary solution.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried contacting Samsung about getting phone switched to you? You would have to provide proof of the eBay sale I would think. Otherwise you might have to take the seller to small claims court to settle the bill. Sounds like they offloaded the phone to avoid paying for it. I would keep on T-Mobile about them telling you it was on your account and not someone else's. Try going to supervisors and getting it escalated. Sorry you are in such a crappy situation.

billrigsby

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay thank you, you live you learn right, but I just looked at swappa, what's the difference, I mean as far as guarantee excetera excetera

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
They verify the IMEI isn't locked to an account or blacklisted. Also you have some protection from scammers. I've used it several times and have been very happy with it.

billrigsby

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay cool, I will still pursue talking with Samsung and escalating up the T-Mobile ladder first. But thank you that is definitely a good option versus buying a new phone

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
swappa has rules 1st the phones needs too be 100% paid off

2 the user will need too write down a code and up lode it in order too sell it

3 there phone will need too get ok by the mods

4 swappa dos not allow any junk stuff like bad IMEI phone not paid off and so on

and 5 i buy and sell from swappa on the time and never had one issue with any of the sellers or buys on there

so if you are looking for a new phone buy it off of swappa you are much safer there then buying off of ebay

billrigsby

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I did contact Samsung and will await a reply from them. But I did get a reply from the original seller surprisingly enough. There is hope!

New message from: woody1213 (339)

I'm so sorry, I forgot about that. Yes, I will be making a payment agreement with them on the remaining balance. My husband died and I no longer could afford the $300 bill. I will ask to pay the balance on your phone first. Please tell me again what phone you have?

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
That's great! Seller sounds like they will make good on it. Should be off the blacklist once they make a payment. Hopefully they won't fall behind and you get in the same situation again. Just keep pushing your carrier to clear the IMEI to your name.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non