Bell Galaxy S8 Help with Microsoft Outlook setup

RussellMTL

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
I'm going around in circles trying to get the Android Microsoft Outlook app to display and interact with the same calendar on Outlook.live.com. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Outlook app more than 5 times. I created a new Microsoft account at a new address and tried to access that account's calendar. I'm ready to give up as I'm lost as to what I'm missing...

Is there a detailed 'howto' somewhere on the web that works?

I even read a news item from October suggesting that syncing calendars is a feature Microsoft is working on implementing in an upcoming update.

I was ready to use the Google calendar but was tempted to try Microsoft's. But getting it to work on the s8 has been a frustrating ordeal.

Last edited:

RussellMTL

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
Funny how just posting a question has me finding the answer myself a short while later.

IT'S WORKING !!! :)))

I created an outlook.com email address and used that to log into the Outlook.com app on the S8. Now the calendars all sync perfectly. Works with web browser online versions as well as Windows 10's built in calendar app.

All the trouble I was having appears to have been caused by associating a Gmail email address with the Outlook account. Glad I got it working this year.

Happy New Year all :)

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Funny how just posting a question has me finding the answer myself a short while later.

IT'S WORKING !!! :)))

I created an outlook.com email address and used that to log into the Outlook.com app on the S8. Now the calendars all sync perfectly. Works with web browser online versions as well as Windows 10's built in calendar app.

All the trouble I was having appears to have been caused by associating a Gmail email address with the Outlook account. Glad I got it working this year.

Happy New Year all :)

So glad you got it figured out. Happy New Year!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty