Trying to transfer images on samsung s8 plus, do not get move option

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Once I select edit and choose pics I want to move, all I get is delete, the 3 buttons on menu, but when I push the 3 buttons, all I get is details.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you moving them from the Gallery? Are those in internal memory or SD Card? Are they in a restricted folder or are you using a sub-account to move them? Those restrictions might not let you do anything else other than view them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try using a file manager app (you should have My Files). But don't Move them, Copy them to where you want them. (Long-press on one of them and they'll all get check boxes, with the one you long-pressed checked. Check the boxes on the other ones you want, then tap Copy [in the menu]. Go to where you want to move them and tap Paste [I think it says "paste here"]. Check them all to make sure they copied correctly, then go back to where they came from, check them all again and delete them from there.)

If a Move blows up in the middle, you can lose both the source and the destination files. If a copy blows up in the middle, you still have the originals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87