Galaxy s8 not recognizing Google photos as the default app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have been using Google photos as the default gallery on my s8 for about 4 months now. This morning I went to upload a photo from Google photos to Instagram, but the gallery that kept popping up was Samsung's. I went into the app manager to make sure Google photos was still the default, which it was. I deselected it so that no gallery was the default, hoping that when I went back into Instagram it would ask me which gallery I wanted to use as the default. It did not ask. It just forced me to use Samsung's. I have been tinkeri g with this shot for over an hour and I cannot figure out what his going on. All of my apps are updated. I have the latest software on my phone. I have cleared cache, for both galleries and Instagram, I have powered off and cleared cache partition, I have force stopped both galleries and Instagram. Nothing is working and now I can't even set a default gallery. It just automatically pulls up Samsung gallery. I'm about to throw my phone against a wall.

Heather Crutchley

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have been using Google photos as the default gallery on my s8 for about 4 months now. This morning I went to upload a photo from Google photos to Instagram, but the gallery that kept popping up was Samsung's. I went into the app manager to make sure Google photos was still the default, which it was. I deselected it so that no gallery was the default, hoping that when I went back into Instagram it would ask me which gallery I wanted to use as the default. It did not ask. It just forced me to use Samsung's. I have been tinkering with this for over an hour and I cannot figure out what is going on. All of my apps are updated. I have the latest software on my phone. I have cleared cache, for both galleries and Instagram, I have powered off and cleared cache partition, I have force stopped both galleries and Instagram. Nothing is working and now I can't even set a default gallery. It just automatically pulls up Samsung gallery. I'm about to throw my phone against a wall.
Update: my phone finally asked which gallery I'd like to use as the default and I picked Google photos, Instagram, messages, and messenger are all still acting like Samsung gallery is the default. Whenever i go to upload a photo it pulls up my samsung gallery photos, which has significantly less pix. Wtf is wrong with my phone???j

Last edited: