Stock email app - older email search issue

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I have two email accounts linked to the stock email account. One of them I can search all of my emails, the other one I can only search what is synced/cached.

They are both hotmail accounts and I have had this issue across different phone.

Just to clarify, this is not a sync issue. Its to do with searching beyond the emails that are synced.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Email app and look at the settings for both Hotmail accounts. Are they both using the IMAP server settings, or is one using POP3 server settings?

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
The one that doesn't allow me to search uses IMAP and the one that does uses the Exchange Server.
Not sure if it makes a difference but one is a hotmail.co.uk address and the other is a hotmail.com.

marco44

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue. Stock email app with a Bell email address added via IMAP will not search past the emails not sync. It says searching for emails older 6 no the or 1 year but it does not see them. would love a fix to this.

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I can adjust the sync period on both (which is currently 2 weeks) but I don't want all my emails from the past 5 years stored on my phone, just the facility to remotely search them as I do with the other account.
Like marco44 says, it acts like it is searching for them but never returns anything. I've had this ever since I switched to android many years agos but have finally got fed up of it now and trying to find a solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non