Best Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+

Lynnie056

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Got the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro and I love it. It has a plastic cover and rugged plastic and rubber back that snap together. Adds weight and feels very secure. No issues with touch screen. Very happy with this case.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone ever used one of the Zizo cases? I heard they were highly rated with great drop protection (I think it was tested at 12 feet).

Wondering how much extra bulk they add.

Too bad the look and color choices are so unattractive.

I've been looking at other cases but it seems like the majority of what's on Amazon now are clear cases and I'm not interested in those.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B2QVJC9/?coliid=I1KSI1HMK60U8Y&colid=OAS64OQ5OVHM&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

My husband has used this case for his last 3 phones. The 9+ version came yesterday and he is happy as can be. Never had any damage to his phones while using this case. Before he started using this case he seemed to damage his phones a lot. He keeps the same sand color each time.

Celts1888

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
Bought the grey hyperknit case and really like it. I had a flip case before it but it got quite annoying, the hyperknit feels good in the hand and has a good grip to it.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I went with Incipio Duelpro. The red with the midnight black color looks perfect

Attachments

• dualpro-case-samsung-star2-red-blk-sa-921-rbk-v-a.jpg
    dualpro-case-samsung-star2-red-blk-sa-921-rbk-v-a.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 182

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I have two cases, first is the Caseology Skyfall clear back case with a shiny purple edge that looks phenomenal with the lilac purple phone, and my second case came tonight, the Lifeproof Next case with the beach pebble edge and clear back that is drop proof, snow proof and dirt and sand proof. Both show off the lilac purple color really nicely.

So torn though between style and protection because I like the look and feel of the Caseology, but I know the Lifeproof will protect this super expensive phone better. So I'll just keep that one on even though it makes the phone a bit wider. It's still just as thin though and dust and dirt won't get into the ports.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Tried several cases and landed on fhd OEM rugged protective cover in black. Perfect fit, military drop certified, and has a kickstand to boot

r511

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
I have two cases, first is the Caseology Skyfall clear back case with a shiny purple edge that looks phenomenal with the lilac purple phone, and my second case came tonight, the Lifeproof Next case with the beach pebble edge and clear back that is drop proof, snow proof and dirt and sand proof. Both show off the lilac purple color really nicely.

So torn though between style and protection because I like the look and feel of the Caseology, but I know the Lifeproof will protect this super expensive phone better. So I'll just keep that one on even though it makes the phone a bit wider. It's still just as thin though and dust and dirt won't get into the ports.
That Lifeproof one looks great!
I'm actually looking for a case that adds some width to the device.
Not sure about spending $80 for a case though...

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
That Lifeproof one looks great!
I'm actually looking for a case that adds some width to the device.
Not sure about spending $80 for a case though...
The Lifeproof case is really nice and if you are looking for something a bit wider this is perfect. Ports are nicely covered and buttons are easy to push. Very thin profile too. The clear back shows off the phone color. Worth the price I think as nothing could be more durable than this thing.

r511

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
The Lifeproof case is really nice and if you are looking for something a bit wider this is perfect. Ports are nicely covered and buttons are easy to push. Very thin profile too. The clear back shows off the phone color. Worth the price I think as nothing could be more durable than this thing.
Thank you for all the info!
Have you tried wireless charging with it yet?

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
No, I don't have a wireless charger and I use a popsocket so probably won't get one, but I am told it will work fine.

Also, the side of the case feels nice to hold, soft and grippy.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use Bodyguardz cases? I ordered the Ace Fly case & their curved tempered glass screen guard since it was 30% off - still pricey at 24$ for the case. Any feedback would be appreciated.

It's a $900 phone. I don't think $24 is pricey

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Just got the Rhinoshield bumper case. Not liking it upon first impression. Feels very slippery and adds more width to phone, which makes it a bit awkward to hold. I feel like it could easily fall out of my hand.

Will see how I like it after using it for a day.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
So - if you spot any sweet looking cases for the upcoming S9 and S9+, post them up here (with links please!).

Been using these 3 the most:
BodyGaurdz Ace Fly
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nequal-ace-fly-technology.html&token=sX2xh4b4

Spigen Ultra Hybrid
https://www.spigen.com/products/galaxy-s9-plus-case-ultra-hybrid?variant=570814824449

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6214264

Otterbox Defender Series Screenless Edition
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ition-case/sam2-galaxy-s9.html&token=52Wrb3Fh

The Spigen was by far the cheapest(under 10$ on Amazon - 29.99$ on their site) & has the least protection but I use it the most & love the look... It's taken a few drops from minimal heights and held up though. A bit beat up but better than the phone right!

The Bodyguardz(24$ if bought on their website - have to sign up for 20% off) has great drop protection & I like the design lines on the clear case - doesn't seem to be a fingerprint magnet like the Spigen.

Otterbox is Otterbox... best drop protection period & I like the holder clip that doubles as a kick stand. It is expensive at 49$ but is 39.99 at Sam's club & I use a Samsung pay MC deal coupled with opening a Sam's MC & got it for free AND got a 10$ Amazon gift card.
Kinda went on an accessory spree lol... might start a new thread on everyone's new S9 fav accessories.

Also all these cases are comparable with the Whitestone Dome... Even the Otterbox.

Attachments

• 1424.jpg
    1424.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
It's a $900 phone. I don't think $24 is pricey

I agree with you 100% and pay much more(if you've read any of my posts especially the reviews on Whitestone you'd see that) but you have many here who think even 10$ is too much to pay... I'm trying to cater to all and not offend anyone.

Tim Wiest

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody know of a case that has squared of edges and sides like an old iphone 5S. That shape is just easier to get a grip then all the rounded edges. I have searched and just can't find anything.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you 100% and pay much more(if you've read any of my posts especially the reviews on Whitestone you'd see that) but you have many here who think even 10$ is too much to pay... I'm trying to cater to all and not offend anyone.

I'm looking to get the S9+ on Black Friday weekend in Nov. I've seen comments on the Whitestone. After seeing some reviews, I like it.

Do you also have a case on your phone?

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Turns out my son's wireless charger is old and is not like the new ones that work with a phone case something I couldn't try it. But I have read that they do work with the Lifeproof case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member