Is it worth upgrading to the S9 from the S8? Or just a spec bump?

rkcjaxx

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm wondering the same. I have a Samsung Note 3. Lol! I'm seriously due for an upgrade! I've had this phone for almost 5 years and it's still going strong! I know with the new S9 and S9+ coming out that all the carriers will be trying to get everyone to switch, to get the best new deals! I am considering it!

Afifmansor

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Why not if you have the money or upgrade program. But if you don't, it is better to wait for a new note or next year S line cuz next year gonna be interesting for the 10th year anniversary.

Seanetta

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
I've been afk most of the day, so have missed a lot of the news/details on the S9 announcement today. Getting caught up now, but initial reports seem to suggest the S9 is 'mostly' a spec bump over the S8. Updated internals, a faster phone, a more solid and polished build... but the two things I'm starting to read about more and more are a) the camera is spectacular, and b) the fingerprint sensor is now where it should be.

What do you think - is the S9 simply a spec bump, or a worthwhile upgrade from the S8?

Definitely worth it for the S9 Plus especially!!

jatinpatel8

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
I found Galaxy S9+ to be a better upgrade than a S9. It has dual camera and increased RAM and Storage. However S8+/Note 8 users might not opt for an upgrade unless they are into latest soc, camera etc.

As past experiences, it was expected to happen. Minor upgrades in design and small touches here and there. Quite happy with what samsung has offered.

Michaelw81

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Things to do for newbie to Samsung phone

Nova launcher is an absolute must in my eyes. I installed it when I first got M S5, and used it on every phone since. Never a problem. Never had this lag either that people used to talk about on Samsung phones? I wonder if there's a link?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Since Nova is great, you could use and set up Nova on your current phone. Backup the Nova set up on your sd card and then put the sd card in the S9+ when you get it and then restore the backup. Nova will restore the homescreens to your new S9+

Get Nova Launcher Prime (the paid version). It's worth every penny.

What is your current phone?

Michaelw81

May 27, 2015
Visit site

IMO #1 app for Samsung is BK Disabler. You can disable ANYTHING you want

You superstar! I just bought this ready for my S9 collection on Saturday. Is it easy to enable apps again before software updates (as advised) or do you just leave them disabled?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

You superstar! I just bought this ready for my S9 collection on Saturday. Is it easy to enable apps again before software updates (as advised) or do you just leave them disabled?

I would always enable everything when doing an update

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
FPS placement is as good a reason as any...

I agree with that. I have an S6 and have held off on upgrading. I don't necessarily try to keep up with having the latest and greatest and figured there'll be some price drops on the S8 and S8+ now. I went to Best Buy to check out the S8 and immediately my finger went to the camera sensor instead of the FPS. On other hand (no pun intended) I picked up the LG G6 and my finger naturally went to the FPS.

I know the FPS placement hasn't been an issue for everyone, but in my case the FPS placement on the S8 is a real issue.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Unless you care so much about the Camera, clearly this seems to be the selling point but I thunk a flagship can last you 2 years that you can wait for the S10.

Then again I ranted about how these flagship have amazing cameras that I highly doubt one can really tell the difference between the S8 or even the S7 when comparing it to the S9 especially if you're just uploading it to social media.

Yes it is just a spec bump.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty