07-01-2018 11:51 AM
58 123
tools
    I just can't understand why in today's day in age we can't have a battery that lasts 2 Days in a flagship phone pointless.
    At least put a bigger battery in new models. Totally unacceptable will not buy the S9 or the S9 Plus.
    02-25-2018 09:09 PM
    I just can't understand why in today's day in age we can't have a battery that lasts 2 Days in a flagship phone pointless.
    At least put a bigger battery in new models. Totally unacceptable will not buy the S9 or the S9 Plus.
    That's why you have the option to wait for the S9 Active, which has a huge battery and is optimized to last longer between charges, whether or not you're personally active.
    02-25-2018 09:20 PM
    Just wondering when do you charge your phone?

Typical use case for an average consumers is that they charge the phone during the night every day.
    anon(1733) and pounder001 like this.
    02-25-2018 09:47 PM
    Manufacturers keep pushing for thinner (and thus, weaker in my opinion) phones, so don't expect huge batteries. On the flip side, I think if a phone came out with a battery that lasts a week between charges, many of these same people would then complain it doesn't last a full month between charges.
    02-25-2018 10:12 PM
    Just wondering when do you charge your phone?

Typical use case for an average consumers is that they charge the phone during the night every day.
    That's about right. I'm sure they've done their research as all companies do and I'm sure most consumers charge their devices everyday and most of them have outlets available to charge on the go. So most people don't need two or three day battery life. For most people it is a odd occurrence. I for one don't need two day life. I'm almost always near a charger. In fact I know of no one personally who does. I know there are people out there who do but I don't know any is all.
    02-25-2018 10:28 PM
    Huawei Mate Pro.
    02-25-2018 10:33 PM
    The new chips are also 30% more power efficient.

It's just like how the S8 has a smaller battery than the Note 2 or 3 but has a longer rated battery life on tests.

Battery life isn't always about having more mah.
    02-25-2018 11:19 PM
    I'm not overly upset about the battery size. when I had the S8+, if was adequate. plus you can charge it super fast. I think it's fine.
    pounder001 and Abbers727 like this.
    02-25-2018 11:38 PM
    Well, it's not always about battery capacity.

My Note8 has a smaller battery than my short-lived Note7 but it usually managed to last longer.

Where my Note7 could only last for 18 hours on my typical use with 4-4.5 hours of SOT, my Note8 could manage 5 or even 6 on the same usage over 22 hours.

The S9 should be the same, but don't expect groundbreaking battery life. It should be able to last the day under moderate use
    02-25-2018 11:49 PM
    Yes I charge at night and halfway though the day, because if I don't with my s7 edge it won't make it to dinner.
    02-26-2018 08:02 AM
    Not after a year.
    02-26-2018 08:03 AM
    What's wrong with the size? It seems pretty normal for me. They can only pack so much battery in a small space and the market wants think phones... so ... something has to give :P.
    02-26-2018 09:43 AM
    Not after a year.
    After a year all batteries start to degrade .. bigger or not. If that is a big concern then upgrade yearly or get it replaced by an authorized Samsung place.
    bkeaver likes this.
    02-26-2018 09:45 AM
    What's wrong with the size? It seems pretty normal for me. They can only pack so much battery in a small space and the market wants think phones... so ... something has to give :P.
    Looks like I am alone in wanting larger battery options. I will stick to bringing a brick with me.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    02-26-2018 09:48 AM
    Looks like I am alone in wanting larger battery options. I will stick to bringing a brick with me.
    You’re not, but we have to be somewhat realistic
    bkeaver, Almeuit, tadpoles and 1 others like this.
    02-26-2018 09:50 AM
    You aren't alone but .. You have to look at all factors and not just one. Most yell things like "I want a huge battery to last for 5 days!" but then you say ok a bigger / thicker phone will be required and they yell "Ew no! Thin!" -- Well .. What gives? Majority want smaller / thinner phones so Samsung goes with the majority. They shove in the biggest/safest battery they can and go with it.
    02-26-2018 09:51 AM
    You're not alone, I use around 170% on average of my Note 8, but even if they put a 4000 mah battery it won't last a day for me, I would need at least 5500 mah or some extremely more efficient soc and display. That's why I liked removable batteries, I used to never charge my phone (only the spare battery), then switch to 100% in less than a minute but now I have to charge my phone in every chance so it doesn't die, wireless charging helps but still, any charging method make the mobile phone not so mobile, I had to buy a note 5 as a spare phone at home to use while the note 8 charges
    02-26-2018 10:14 AM
    I'm not overly upset about the battery size. when I had the S8+, if was adequate. plus you can charge it super fast. I think it's fine.
    Exactly....a little Quick Charge goes a long way. Probably not a great option for people working on construction sites or outdoors most of the time but if you work in an office battery size isn't as critical.
    pounder001 likes this.
    02-26-2018 10:41 AM
    How long will the S9 last?
    02-26-2018 10:45 AM
    Doesn't matter what the battery size is, it will go to crap after just a year.
    Mtro likes this.
    02-26-2018 11:18 AM
    Yes I charge at night and halfway though the day, because if I don't with my s7 edge it won't make it to dinner.
    This. I need two or three day spec battery life so I can comfortably actually get 1 full 24 hours on a single charge. I don't think we should need to worry about running out of battery power after work no matter how hard one runs their phone or how optimized we run our phones.
    02-26-2018 12:32 PM
    Exactly....a little Quick Charge goes a long way. Probably not a great option for people working on construction sites or outdoors most of the time but if you work in an office battery size isn't as critical.
    I don't think these consumer devices - S series - is targeted for such users who work on construction sites for obvious reasons. The Active series is and has much bigger battery than the S series.
    02-26-2018 03:49 PM
    That's why you have the option to wait for the S9 Active, which has a huge battery and is optimized to last longer between charges, whether or not you're personally active.
    I agree. The Active series has always been better than the regular S series. Bigger battery, more rugged design, flat displays. Perfect Samsung device, IMO.
    02-26-2018 04:23 PM
    not sure why Huawei can easily place a 4000 mAh battery in their phones and no one else can.
    02-26-2018 04:57 PM
    I don't think these consumer devices - S series - is targeted for such users who work on construction sites for obvious reasons. The Active series is and has much bigger battery than the S series.
    The target doesn't matter because people buy them and case them. I ride a train loaded with construction workers and not ever do I see one without a case. Most are iPhones quite honestly.
    02-26-2018 04:59 PM
58 123