Is the Galaxy S9+ too big?

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is the S9+ better?

The extra RAM will lead to an overall much more fluid user experience (just compare the Galaxy S8 to the Note 8). Battery life is also bind to be better on the +

Reviewers have already said they noticed no difference between the S9 and S9+ hands on. The extra RAM is primarily for use of the telephoto lens. I have a Note8 and it seemed S-Pen functionality and the telephoto lens were the only uses for the extra RAM. There are Grace UI improvements that make it marginally snappier than the S8.

The only reasons to go for the Plus are wanting the bigger screen while not caring about one-handed use, and/or if you really plan to use the telephoto lens extensively. And that's ok... there's no right or wrong decision.

irockcrowns

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
When I switched from the S5 to the S7, I thought it was too big but then I got used to it. I definitely plan on going to the S9+ this time around. I guess I'll get used to that eventually.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Now that I have Note 8, the S8+ feels... small.

I bought cases for various phones to see what they might feel like and S8 was tiny. I thought my BlackBerry DTEK 60 was almost perfect in size/wt previously.

yvsmadhav

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
It is true that S9+ is a big phone that may fit all pockets but the large and great display has to be experienced in its full glory.Some compromise has to be made with regard to the uncomfortable bulge in the pant, er the pocket!

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from only iPhone 6 and just placed a preorder for the Galaxy S9+. I chose the S9+ because it's still a narrow phone overall, so the larger screen seems like a necessity to enhance video watching experience.

I am, however, concerned about the size and weight of the device. Does anyone ever find that the S8+ to be too big? The S9+ is actually going to be heavier than the S8+ too.

Definitely size increased if you coming from iPhone 6. However, since it is much slimmer/narrow and easier in your hand, you might even feel "Is this 6.2 inch?" Your best bet is to visit mobile store and play with it since every hands are quite different.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I looked at both yesterday, though the store had those damn security blocks on the back so I couldn't hold them properly. I was all in for the S9 but IDK, something about the S9+ felt pretty good. I don't care about the second lens, though I'll take the bigger battery and extra ram. Just not sure I need it lol. I need to go hold one without the security block on the back. Why do you put that on a dummy model anyway? There's nothing to steal! Its just an empty shell.

Luis Angulo

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I think it's a little too big. ..of course there must be a big phone with big specs, that's the trend these days, but it would be delightful seeing some galaxy S9 with top specs but around 5.5"

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: wich one is better

S9+ has dual camera, bigger battery and 2g more of ram.

And in the UK 128gb storage. No contest for me. I have the S8. I had a Note 8 for a month. Sent it back for the S9+. I watch a lot of movies on the go and the bigger screen makes such a difference. It's not unwieldy, I have small lady hands but I can still hold it comfortably. Played with one in the Samsung store yesterday and it really wasn't that much bigger than my current S8. Staying home tomorrow to take delivery of my purple one. Cannot wait!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: wich one is better

And in the UK 128gb storage. No contest for me. I have the S8. I had a Note 8 for a month. Sent it back for the S9+. I watch a lot of movies on the go and the bigger screen makes such a difference. It's not unwieldy, I have small lady hands but I can still hold it comfortably. Played with one in the Samsung store yesterday and it really wasn't that much bigger than my current S8. Staying home tomorrow to take delivery of my purple one. Cannot wait!
Tomorrow. That's really early. How did you get your so early.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried the S9+ in the store and did not have any problems using in one-handed (even with a big security dongle on the back).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty