Ok I'm having an issue. I currently have the pixel 2xl which I feel is a little big. I also have a iPhone X for work blah I know. Anyways, I want to get a s9 and get rid of the pixel and the iPhone and stick with one phone.
    Here's my issue. I love the size of the s9 and I don't want a bigger phone ie s9 plus. The thing is that I will always feel like the regular gs9 is inferior to the plus. I don't understand why Samsung couldn't have just put the dual camera module and ram on the regular model. People still would have bought the plus in droves I'm sure. I know I'm not alone in this. The size of my iPhone X is just perfect but I feel like I'm settling if I get the reg gs9. It's really bugging me.
    I'm moving to cricket from Verizon and they're having a $200 off gs9 promo but I just can't pull the trigger. Has anyone else had feelings like these? As I'm getting older I guess ergonomics is becoming a bigger deal for me. I've owned every plus sized galaxy phone to date but I'm just ready for something smaller. I really don't want to settle on a stupid iPhone lol.
    04-02-2018 07:28 PM
    if u really need the smaller size phone go ahead with S9....but since I am a note 8 owner I find s9+ very good size....
    if u really care for portrait shots just install the pixel camera in s9 ....
    04-02-2018 07:43 PM
    if u really need the smaller size phone go ahead with S9....but since I am a note 8 owner I find s9+ very good size....
    I'm a little worried about the ram since it's Samsung. I think part of why their phones lag is bc they keep the camera in memory so it launches fast. I wonder if I were to install the pixel camera apk if that would help.
    04-02-2018 08:22 PM
    I had a note 8 too and sold it bc I just couldn't get past the size. That phone is huge.
    04-02-2018 08:23 PM
    Ok I'm having an issue. I currently have the pixel 2xl which I feel is a little big. I also have a iPhone X for work blah I know. Anyways, I want to get a s9 and get rid of the pixel and the iPhone and stick with one phone.
    Here's my issue. I love the size of the s9 and I don't want a bigger phone ie s9 plus.l.
    I'm coming from an S6, I have an S9+. Because of the aspect ratio, I find it very easy to hold with one hand.

When I was looking at phones, I played with a pixel 2XL. I found it to be significantly larger in the hand than the S9+
    04-02-2018 08:27 PM
    I had a note 8 too and sold it bc I just couldn't get past the size. That phone is huge.
    I just love the size of the n8. The bigger the better, for me...up untill about 6.5". I'm just glad there's something for every one.
    djrakowski and jhimmel like this.
    04-02-2018 08:33 PM
    Here's my issue. I love the size of the s9 and I don't want a bigger phone ie s9 plus. The thing is that I will always feel like the regular gs9 is inferior to the plus. I don't understand why Samsung couldn't have just put the dual camera module and ram on the regular model. People still would have bought the plus in droves I'm sure. I know I'm not alone in this. The size of my iPhone X is just perfect but I feel like I'm settling if I get the reg gs9. It's really bugging me.
    I'm moving to cricket from Verizon and they're having a $200 off gs9 promo but I just can't pull the trigger. Has anyone else had feelings like these? As I'm getting older I guess ergonomics is becoming a bigger deal for me. I've owned every plus sized galaxy phone to date but I'm just ready for something smaller. I really don't want to settle on a stupid iPhone lol.
    I just switched my daily from the essentIal phone(same size as the iPhone X) to my s8+. That size is a good feel for sure, which is interesting because I had a note 8 for a week and returned it because it was to damn big. I think at the end of this week I am going to trade my s8+ for the s9+. As far as ram goes the s8+ is running oreo and Samsung experience 9.0 which is what the s9 is running I do believe. I haven't noticed any issues as far as lag or anything else. That is unusual for Samsung especially when updating to a different android altogether. You can have an *** ton of ram in a phone and as long as it's not managed properly it won't make a difference how much or how little you have.
    04-02-2018 09:58 PM
    The 2XL is bigger in the hand but is lighter.

The S9 is a great size but battery really is not very good so when stacked against the extra ram and camera to the plus is the better option. With gboad set to 1 handed mode it is just fine for 1 handed typing too.
    anon(9918034) likes this.
    04-03-2018 01:20 AM
    I'm a little worried about the ram since it's Samsung. I think part of why their phones lag is bc they keep the camera in memory so it launches fast. I wonder if I were to install the pixel camera apk if that would help.
    I haven't experienced any lag so far, but who knows whether that'll be the case in the future. I can only say that my S7 edge was good right up to the time I traded it in (I had it for nearly two years).
    04-03-2018 10:35 AM
    Go to the 9+, you know you want to
    04-03-2018 01:19 PM
    if you hate the size of the plus without a case on it, it will be even worse with a case. I prefer to purchase flagship phones with all the bells and whistles but I do not feel the s9 is inferior ...Ive had the note series for years and I just flat out wanted a nice phone that was somewhat smaller, glad I got the s9
    04-03-2018 07:44 PM
    Go to the 9+, you know you want to
    I know I do want it but the deal is on the smaller s9. 🙄
    04-03-2018 08:12 PM
    I never had any lag on my 8+, but I can tell the 9+is faster.
    04-03-2018 08:44 PM
    I'm on my 9+ now and all I can say is "Girl, that's a hella nice phone"! No complaints whatsoever. The Note 8 is a smolth beast, the S9+ is an even smoother beast, and the Note 9 (w/larger battery is going to be just ridiculous). If the size works for you there's just not much to complain about.
    rushmore likes this.
    04-03-2018 09:41 PM
    I'm not sure the extra ram makes a big difference, my 9+ seems to use it anyway irrespective of what I have open.

With nothing running the S9 would sit at around 1.3gb free and the plus shows 2gb
    KP8819 likes this.
    04-04-2018 01:14 AM
    Why not get a single dual-SIM phone? Then you only need to carry one.
    04-04-2018 06:36 AM
    Why not get a single dual-SIM phone? Then you only need to carry one.
    Mainly bc the international dual SIM phones won't work with Samsung pay or at least the s8 didn't.
    04-04-2018 12:44 PM
    I'm not sure the extra ram makes a big difference, my 9+ seems to use it anyway irrespective of what I have open.

With nothing running the S9 would sit at around 1.3gb free and the plus shows 2gb
    This... Was about to say the 2GB RAM should not be be a deciding factor imo Its nice to have for sure but isn't needed... yet. The 2nd camera is just a zoom. The main cameras are the same on both. Its all preference and if size matters I'd go with the S9.
    cdubb1 likes this.
    04-06-2018 08:56 AM
    Mainly bc the international dual SIM phones won't work with Samsung pay or at least the s8 didn't.
    My previous S7 edge Duos (Singapore CSC) and my current S9+ Duos (Hong Kong CSC) work flawlessly with Samsung Pay in Canada (with Canadian credit cards). HOWEVER, you will only see perks based on the region the phone is from. My S9+ is from Hong Kong and I can barely say 'Hello' in Cantonese, let alone figure out what other offers I can redeem my points for.
    04-06-2018 09:02 AM
    Although I do like the size of my iPhone X, I hate the battery life. If there were a plus version of the X I would have gone for it. Same with the S9, I went with the S9+ for the additional battery capacity. I view that as more of a deciding factor than the extra 2GB of RAM.
    04-06-2018 09:27 AM