Light flow app doesn't work for whatsapp groups notifications

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I installed light flow pro and then light flow legacy but I can set different led notifications for normal messages and group messages. Anyone know how can I do?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Lightflow can't do that. It can only set colors by app. Other apps don't have access to private app data, so they can't tell if the notification is from a group message or not.

The only way you can do that is if your group message has a specific title or content, since Lightflow can detect the contents of the notification. For example, if your group message thread is named 'family', then you can set family as a trigger word.

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Lightflow can't do that. It can only set colors by app. Other apps don't have access to private app data, so they can't tell if the notification is from a group message or not.

The only way you can do that is if your group message has a specific title or content, since Lightflow can detect the contents of the notification. For example, if your group message thread is named 'family', then you can set family as a trigger word.
What a shame. But can I keep whatsapp built in notifications AND use light flow at the same time?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
What a shame. But can I keep whatsapp built in notifications AND use light flow at the same time?
Yes. If you don't set WhatsApp in Lightflow, it should use its own notification setup. I haven't tested it on Oreo though. But it works that way on Nougat between Lightflow and Textra.

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes. If you don't set WhatsApp in Lightflow, it should use its own notification setup. I haven't tested it on Oreo though. But it works that way on Nougat between Lightflow and Textra.
I tried, it doesn't work if I disable whatsapp in light flow

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Are you guys saying Light Flow actually works on this device? I gave up on that app years ago, due to having to create so many work around efforts to only then have it still only sometimes work.

I don't know who with Android thinks it is at all what owners want in having a blue LED flash for all notifications. I mean, WTH? Verizon Message+ used to allow a custom LED, but no longer does with Oreo.

Sadly, I can't use anything other than stock messages or Verizon Message+ if I want to maintain the function of responding to texts via my Gear S2.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys saying Light Flow actually works on this device? I gave up on that app years ago, due to having to create so many work around efforts to only then have it still only sometimes work.

I don't know who with Android thinks it is at all what owners want in having a blue LED flash for all notifications. I mean, WTH? Verizon Message+ used to allow a custom LED, but no longer does with Oreo.

Sadly, I can't use anything other than stock messages or Verizon Message+ if I want to maintain the function of responding to texts via my Gear S2.
Lightflow never stopped working all through Nougat. I haven't fully tested it on Oreo though.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Which would you guys recommend, light flow or light manager?

I know light flow never totally quit working, but it got buggy as hell and you had to use legacy and users reported it would sometimes not work. Back in the day it was awesome, but I think Android didn't have as tight of control over things.

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Which would you guys recommend, light flow or light manager?

I know light flow never totally quit working, but it got buggy as hell and you had to use legacy and users reported it would sometimes not work. Back in the day it was awesome, but I think Android didn't have as tight of control over things.
Light manager seems more rich in settings

It seems to work well, but the alternate mode doesn't work properly

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87