Turning off vibration in individual apps? How?

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
In this particular instance it's the Twitter app, but I know there is some place to change the setting for any given app. All I can find via Google, is how to do it in stock Oreo.

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Glad you resolved it =)

Mind sharing your findings with us so that people who have the same question know how to solve this?
Settings>Notifications>Twitter.

Then tap on each category, and move the slider on "vibration" to the left.

It's ridiculous.
39e2c31f9d94753a446a604e16e76bc3.jpg
4383dc996bebae6ba3472967ac318a78.jpg

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Its only "ridiculous" because lots of users asked for and wanted more control over their app notifications, so google delivered. I for one like these options.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
They could make them easier to find.

Yea i guess but all you have to do is slide an app's notification partially to get the options cog which takes you right to the settings screen you posted earlier as an example. Or just from settings/notifications. Its app dependent though.

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea i guess but all you have to do is slide an app's notification partially to get the options cog which takes you right to the settings screen you posted earlier as an example. Or just from settings/notifications. Its app dependent though.
I forgot about that.

PrimePolok

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
You can say that again! Thank god you've posted this, I've been looking for the settings for quite a while! For me there was barely any way to tell that there could be more settings underneath "Notification".