Wifi dropping after few minutes playing games

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Every time that I start playing a game (i.e. Clash Royale) on my s9, after 2 minutes the wifi drops and reconnects automatically making me lose 15 to 30 seconds on a match, this only happens once during a playtime.
Nothing seems to be wrong with my modem, because the wifi continues working on my laptop.

Anyone else having this issue?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The wifi transceiver (which is part of the motherboard) could be overheating. Try keeping a fan blowing on the phone and see if that extends the time until it drops out. If it does, that's the cause. (And it should be covered.)

justluh

May 27, 2018
Visit site
The wifi transceiver (which is part of the motherboard) could be overheating. Try keeping a fan blowing on the phone and see if that extends the time until it drops out. If it does, that's the cause. (And it should be covered.)

its strange, because the phone is not hot or anything, and it only happens on my home network, this does not happen when Im connect in the wifi at work

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If it only happens on your home wifi then it must be something to do with the wifi router.
Try changing the wifi password or the encryption method.
Also if the router is dual band try separating the two wifi networks by renaming them. For example I have renamed mine as 5g and 2g.