Games getting ridiculous with ads

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Have y'all noticed how free to play games are getting more and more ad saturated? Like used to you would only see ads maybe at start up and after so many minutes of playing. Now however they are at the end of every level , and even every time you lose a life an ad or two or three play. Like today I was playing snake vs blocks, and LITERALLY every time I died it went into ads.

And now not only are they more frequent, but instead of just one 15 second ad, it's usually 3 ads and you have to manually tap x yourself to get out of it when it finally finishes, and they've gotten cheeky about hiding the x button too. Is it just my experience or are ads in games getting totally out of hand? I was having fun playing snake vs blocks but I deleted it because I couldn't tolerate going into ads every single time I hit game over or whatever its called in that game. Annoying, grrrrrr.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Games with that amount of advertising tend to be very low quality to begin with, as if they are an advertising app with occasional gaming interruptions. Basically a cash grab by the developer. I just ignore those games all together, and reviews should be reflecting that problem. So you're left with 3, possibly 4 choices.

Accept it and keep playing.
Uninstall and walk away.
Find a better replacement.
Pay to remove ads if it's an option.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was unbearable nearly a decade ago and very rarely touch a game on Android that is free because of the ads.

Couldn't say if it recently got worse or not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I find that Gameloft's Asphalt 9 strikes a good balance between ads and playability. You can play and advance pretty far without watching any ads, but if you choose to watch ads (the longest of which are usually about 30 seconds), you can get decent rewards that help you advance a little more quickly.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I find that Gameloft's Asphalt 9 strikes a good balance between ads and playability. You can play and advance pretty far without watching any ads, but if you choose to watch ads (the longest of which are usually about 30 seconds), you can get decent rewards that help you advance a little more quickly.
Like Gameloft's Dragon Mania Legends which I am addicted to

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg