How to make Notifications stay longer on Lock Screen??????

arislgr

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I have read so many posts on this issue dating back to the S6 and still have found no answer. There is no way I can read any notification if it disappears after just a few seconds. Has this issue been addressed in our S9's?

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My notifications stay on lock screen until I swipe them away. It was always like that. On my S6 too. Not sure what you mean?

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I have the S9+ and those notifications disappear after a few seconds. I use an app called Ava Lockscreen. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.alpha

I can see all my notifications on my lockscreen and they stay there until I swipe them or mark them as read. Ava is a new app made by the same dev (Jawomo) who made the Floatify Lockscreen. Ava is a work in progress and the dev is doing a great job listening to people's request for features. Now this app works only on Oreo and because of Oreo there are only so many features he can implement into Ava. You can follow him on Google+. You have many options in the app.

This has worked for me. Just something you might want to look into.

arislgr

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Mojave, I downloaded the Ava app and will try it!!!!! Wish Android would listen more to our issues and this is such a basic one!!!

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
One question Mojave, do i need to to have the notification stay on the lock screen do I need to buy the Pro version?

No. I purchased the Pro version right away to support the dev. I also used his other lockscreen app called Floatify Lockscreen on my old S5 phone. So purchasing Ava was a no brainer for me.

If you have any questions I suggest you contact the dev. You can follow him on Google+. If you go to the Google Play store and search for the Ava app you can read about the app and there is also contact information for the dev.

arislgr

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Mojave I wish the Ava had a trial period so one could try it out in full mode.

chanchan05 all my notifications, from Gmail, whatsapp, even messages just appear on top of the lock screen on a thin strip, and disappear in less than 5 seconds.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Mojave I wish the Ava had a trial period so one could try it out in full mode.

chanchan05 all my notifications, from Gmail, whatsapp, even messages just appear on top of the lock screen on a thin strip, and disappear in less than 5 seconds.
Do they stay on the notification shade or disappear from there as well?

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
my notifications stay on the lock screen as well. No apps required.

Well then.....you must be one of the lucky ones. When I am using my phone and I receive a email notification.....the notification appears in the middle of my screen for about 5 seconds and then disappears.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
My settings light up and display info of the notification for about 5 seconds then the lock screen returns, although it will now have the icon from the app that gave the vanishing notification.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My settings light up and display info of the notification for about 5 seconds then the lock screen returns, although it will now have the icon from the app that gave the vanishing notification.

Wait, so basically it looks like the Always on Display right? Or do you mean it goes back to AOD? Because that's what the AOD is supposed to look like, just black with a clock, date, and icon if there's a notification. You press the power button or the home button to see the lockscreen and the notification preview. The lockscreen has a picture background.
If you mean you open to the lockscreen and see only icons, just go to settings>security and lockscreen>scroll down to notifications>tap the label>turn off "show icons only".

ZenR1

Mar 15, 2019
Visit site
It has to do with the battery settings. For example on my Note 9, this was happening when my battery setting was on "Optimized" and setting it to "High Performance" instead doubled the notification screen time on the lock screen. I'm also able to customize the various settings with each battery profile I select. So while setting it to "High Performance", I was still able to set the screen brightness and resolution lower the way it is on the "Optimized" setting, while leaving the processing speed, which is responsible for the lock screen notification timeout, high, in order to conserve more battery.at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abby100

Abby100

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
It has to do with the battery settings. For example on my Note 9, this was happening when my battery setting was on "Optimized" and setting it to "High Performance" instead doubled the notification screen time on the lock screen. I'm also able to customize the various settings with each battery profile I select. So while setting it to "High Performance", I was still able to set the screen brightness and resolution lower the way it is on the "Optimized" setting, while leaving the processing speed, which is responsible for the lock screen notification timeout, high, in order to conserve more battery.at the same time.
Thank you! This was driving me nuts. Turns out having Power Saving mode on prevents the screen from staying on for more than a couple of seconds for notifications.