How to get split screen view with full screen gestures?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the full screen gestures instead of the navigation bar for the past couple days. One thing I can't figure out is how to enable the split screen view when using gestures? I'd assume you would just hold up on the recent gesture but that doesn't work. I might have to go back to the standard nav bar if I can't get split screen to work. That would be really poor design if there was no way to enable split screen with the gestures. If anyone knows how to do this, let me known

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I just figured it out by searching on XDA. You have to click the app icon at the top of your multi-task view and then select split screen. See the pic. In this case I clicked on the G for the Google app and was presented with the options. Glad to know there is a way to do it, though it's much more cumbersome than long pressing the recent app button on the navigation bar.
0a86a9864303390ebf1b493853fa83ce.jpg

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I just figured it out by searching on XDA. You have to click the app icon at the top of your multi-task view and then select split screen. See the pic. In this case I clicked on the G for the Google app and was presented with the options. Glad to know there is a way to do it, though it's much more cumbersome than long pressing the recent app button on the navigation bar. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190203/0a86a9864303390ebf1b493853fa83ce.jpg

The way Pie handles recents and split screen is indeed cumbersome. It's been a sticking point throughout the entire beta for me.