is this normal battery for s9 after the pie update

dannynines

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the s9 on Verizon and I have noticed the battery is much worse after the new update. I only have 2 hr and 16 min screen on time and the battery is down to 20 percent remaining. is this normal?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Clear cache partition
Give it 3 days after an update to settle down
You may have an app that needs to be uninstalled then reinstalled

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
At first my battery life was bad to.
But after clearing the cache and giving it some time it's now better than it was before pie by a good margin. I can easily do 5 hours screen time and 5 hours talk time in a 14 hour day and still have around 20 percent left

Mr Smitzy

Jan 16, 2019
Visit site
Probably going off-track, but, is 5 hours a good real-world screen time for flagships?

My three year old phone offers better than that, with the original battery. If the screen time is so low, is there a genuine incentive to buy a flagship?

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Probably going off-track, but, is 5 hours a good real-world screen time for flagships?

My three year old phone offers better than that, with the original battery. If the screen time is so low, is there a genuine incentive to buy a flagship?

Did it have an AMOLED screen?

dannynines

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
this is after wiping the cache partition
479e28733a90d6e82c35c85fd14c3c74.jpg

Mr Smitzy

Jan 16, 2019
Visit site
Did it have an AMOLED screen?

No, it doesn't. I am on the Motorola G4 plus.

But I genuinely want to know if 5 hours of screen time is a good number for flagships? I've never owned one so I am not sure what would be considered a good time.
Based off my experience with "non-flagships", I would consider 5 hours to be quite inefficient.

I also looked into the advantages of AMOLED and it says they are supposed to be energy efficient. So shouldn't flagships last longer, as most of them seem to be offering some version of AMOLED?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I find that I do more on a flagship then the others. Between multitasking and doing everything else on there. I am a heavy user and some of these other phones can't keep up with what I do. Processor is too slow
No, it doesn't. I am on the Motorola G4 plus.

But I genuinely want to know if 5 hours of screen time is a good number for flagships? I've never owned one so I am not sure what would be considered a good time.
Based off my experience with "non-flagships", I would consider 5 hours to be quite inefficient.

I also looked into the advantages of AMOLED and it says they are supposed to be energy efficient. So shouldn't flagships last longer, as most of them seem to be offering some version of AMOLED?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez