Enhanced messaging issues

Bobby32x

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
My wife and I are on sprint. We have our own accounts. My wife has an s9 and i have an s9+. Originally, my wife and i could get recieved notifications and the correct color text was happening for enhanced messaging. Then, all of a sudden, we stopped getting the receipts and the color went to green for quite a while. We chalked it up to an issue with android and that it would eventually iron itself out. Then, we got the blueish colored texts again,but they were still lacking the receipts. She can text her friend and get the receipt, and I can text my son and get them, but we cant get them from each other. What is going on here? I would say our settings were off but we are getting the receipts from others. By the way, we are both on the latest update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
We're now using RCS for messaging, but it's still in its early stages, so there are going to be problems coming and going from time to time until everyone is on the same page. (The same thing happened when texting first came out with sending pictures - you couldn't send a picture to someone using a different carrier. That eventually got straightened out. Most people today don't even remember when that was happening.)

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a bug hopefully will be fixed with next update. If you are on WiFi it goes green turn WiFi off back to blue very annoying.

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It seems there are two Messages apps but they are both named, “Messages” the icons are just a little different? So, which one is the best to use? Which is RCS?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty