One UI 2.0 broke my gps

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
Here's what's happening:

-GPS is now almost always 20m+ away from my real location.
-GPS position keeps stopping and then jumping forward and stopping again.
-Turning off WiFi scanning causes Google maps to ask for location services to be enabled (even though it's already enabled), which re-enables wifi scanning, which is not what I want because it has caused inaccuracy in the past

What I've tried:
-Clear data/cache/force stop of: Location Services, Google Play Services, Google maps
-Uninstalling Google play services updates and manually reinstalling

It seems I'm not the only one. What else can I try before factory reset? I should also note my phone software is not and has never been modified, it is running stock.

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
OP here, thanks for the registration link. I should further mention that when I turn off WiFi scanning, keeping location turned on mind you, and then go to use google maps, it asks me to turn on location services, even though I did not turn location services off but only turned off WiFi scanning. Tapping to "turn location services on" then just re-enables wifi scanning.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OP here, thanks for the registration link. I should further mention that when I turn off WiFi scanning, keeping location turned on mind you, and then go to use google maps, it asks me to turn on location services, even though I did not turn location services off but only turned off WiFi scanning. Tapping to "turn location services on" then just re-enables wifi scanning.
Hi,welcome!
Have you tried what I suggested earlier?

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
Yes, after the update. Also, my back button also seems to not be working properly. It does not take me back to the last webpage, nor the last page/screen in whatever app I'm using. Also, how do I reply/quote on here? I see no options to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, after the update. Also, my back button also seems to not be working properly. It does not take me back to the last webpage, nor the last page/screen in whatever app I'm using. Also, how do I reply/quote on here? I see no options to.
You on chrome ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Screenshot:20200209_144500.jpeg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo