One UI 2.0 broke my gps

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So try b. Diddy suggestion clear cache in recovery if that doesn't help might have to do factory reset , most times no recommend after a update but few scenarios it might have to .

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Have you gone to settings, connections, advanced, and turned off what is circled?
5c46ad010ddd741e4ccc355a9fc201f0.jpg

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
How do you know that WiFi scanning is on - unless you go to the WiFi page, which automatically enables scanning while the page is in the foreground?

I'm talking about Location>Improve Accuracy.

I actually don't seem to get a GPS signal at all unless that option is enabled. Before the update, I had neither wifi nor Bluetooth scanning for improving accuracy enabled.

Have you gone to settings, connections, advanced, and turned off what is circled?
5c46ad010ddd741e4ccc355a9fc201f0.jpg

After disabling that, unfortunately still having issues. :/

is your Google maps updated to the latest version? i believe its 10.34.3

Yes.

I should add now that I've noticed it seems GPS doesn't work unless Location>Improve Accuracy> WiFi Scanning is enabled. Otherwise I get a 'No GPS Signal'. Also, when I do drive and have maps open, my phones GPS location seems to hop between where I'd expect wifi hotspots to be, as if my phones GPS isn't using the GPS hardware but instead is relying solely on wifi to determine my position.

Last edited: