Please Help! - S3/MacPro - Can't get music onto external sd card - Going CRAZY.

nbbrix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My apologies for what is probably a reccuring question, but I've spent the day searching forums & googling & trying suggestions & it's still not working & I'm at the end of my tether with it and about to throw something at the wall!

I've just switched from iPhone to an S3 & whilst the initial set up went fine & I managed to get some music & playlists onto the internal sd from iTunes, I am now having massive problems getting the rest of my library onto a 64gb card I've put in the S3. (which is formated on the phone)

I'm on a Mac Pro running OSX 10.7.5

I've tried Easy Phone Sync, Kies, Android File Transfer & AirDroid.
Easy Phone & File Transfer won't even connect to the phone anymore, AirDroid won't let me drag & drop files into the external sd & Kies keeps telling me that i don't have enough space on the external sd - I do. It's a 64gb card saying it has 59.60 gb of free space & my iTunes library is 43gb. I've also tried selecting all the songs in Kies & transfering to device & it uploads about 20 or 30 tracks & then just gets stuck & I have to force quit
The USB cable, I presume is fine as it connects te phone to Kies & also charges the phone fine

If anyone can help I'd really, really appreciate it.

I'm really loving the S3 in general, but this is seriously rubbish.

Thanks in advance.

nbbrix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have actually managed to finally crack the problem myself after another whole day of searching and experimenting.
But hey - a massive thank you to Android Central for all your invaluable help & tips on this matter. Really..... outstanding work.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lmao sorry mate i read but couldnt help. Im crap with pc let alone Mac.
How bout you share the solution for anyone who bothers to search? :beer:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

jrburrows

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
How did you crack this problem? I'd be really interested! (Plus, did you find a way to use easy sync to sync to SD Card - thats what I desire to do, as Kies for mac seems..glitchy)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77