My solution for fixing 4.1.2 Freeze

Gaute Hammerstad

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I've been reading posts here about this freeze. My phone started freezing a few days after latest fw upgrade. After factory reset, it was freezing after few minutes. I reset several times and same same.
Friday I learned to roll back fw using Odin.
Rolled back to past 4.1.2 and same freezes. Last night I rolled back to 4.1.1 and same freezes there.
Then I downloaded fw in phone. It froze while downloading, but about ten force restarts, I got the full download, and started firmware upgrading inphone. The upgrade went okay until the phone tried to start and something like "optimize apps".
It didnt help to force restart.
Then I used Odin to install 4.1.2 again. Not the latest 4.1.2 but the first xxell4.
Started up the phone, and its totally fine!
I have installed all apps and put back sms, contacts, connected my Samsung and Google accounts. Everything is okay now. No freeze at all.

A bit strange procedure, but wanted to give you guys this method.

I don't think I'll install the newest fw for a while :)

Excuse me for some bad English btw.

Gaute Hammerstad

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
112 hours uptime now, without a single error. 31 apps running.
Still haven't innstalled XELLA, but no need apparently.

How is it working out for you other guys?

Hassan K. Malik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Try XXEMB1..... I believe its one of the best by all means... U will certainly feel the difference...

Sent from i9300 using Android Central.....

Gaute Hammerstad

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Whitch version is that?

37 hours ago, I took the chance and installed the newest available 4.1.2 again. Did this by the update app in the phone. Everything is running smoothly, and no crash this time.

Seems like messing with diffirent firmwares has in some way cleaned out the error.. Lol, even the standard weather app is updating as it should :D

Last edited: