GS3 kinda laggy after OTA 4.1.2 update...

Mr_Z

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I got my Galaxy last december. Up 'til then I was very satisfied with its performance. Sometime late january this year, I received a prompt to update to JB 4.1.2 over the air and did it. Since then, the phone's kind of laggy, i.e. when I select contacts, it takes all of two seconds to load. Also, when I try to run certain apps, it takes 2, 3 or sometimes more seconds to respond. I know this can't be right.
I've been reading that the thing to do, is to do a hard reset, then update the OS via Kies.
After I do the hard reset, will it revert back to ICS? Is it possible to re-install JB 4.1.2 after the hard reset or am I missing a step?
Any and all advice will be very much apreciated indeed.

Thanks in advance.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

No the hard reset will not revert it back to ICS. It will just clear out all your cache/apps/data on the device. So make sure you do a backup of anything important (pictures, etc) just in case. Also confirm before hand that you contacts, calendar or anything else that normally " sync's " to your Google account or other services is up to date before doing the factory reset.

Basically do the hard reset and it should return you to that snappy device you remember and give you a fresh start again with a clean device.

Mr_Z

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, man. I'll give it a go tomorrow. All pics are on external micro SD card, so I guess I'll just take it out beforehand. All apps are replaceable.
I hope I get my speed back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non