Tablet will not automatically update time zone.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I was recently in Nevada and while there, the time on my tablet (Galaxy Tab A 8") remained on East coast time until a MANUAL adjustment was made to the time. Now that I'm back on East coast time, the tablet has once again failed to automatically update to the correct time.

In checking the settings, automatic date and time as well as automatic time zone options are checked. Despite these current settings, the time isn't updating automatically as it should. I contacted Samsung once about this, but all they did was remotely adjust the time. Clearly there's some sort of issue causing the time to not update automatically.

My android phone (Galaxy S10+) has only an automatic date and time setting and had no issue when adjusting the time automatically while on the west coast and then automatically changing again once back on the east coast.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this a wi-fi only tablet, or an LTE-enabled tablet? In my experience, wi-fi only tablets can't automatically update the timezone, because that depends on a cellular signal (not wi-fi). (It can get the automatic time and date from the wi-fi network, but it will still depend on the user to select the timezone.)

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It is wifi only and to be honest, I didn't consider the cell network is what automatically updates the time.