this thing is pretty sweet.

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So its been a few hours since i got my tab and im loving it. I've already downloaded kindle, nook and words with friends. Any other "must haves" for this thing?

SassyPenguin

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Zinio Magazine Reader- it's free, and you buy subscriptions. Magazines look great, crisp, plus you can go back to backlogs.

Sketchbook- it's a fun drawing program

Bouncy Mouse- dumb, ridiculous but fun game with a bouncy mouse. You collect cheese and kill cats. lol.

Samsung Leather Case- it's really nice. Leather on the inside. Really slick design for a slick tablet.

pixelbat

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Some apps I'm using and really like...

News360 - pretty much all the news you could ever want.
Pulse - also great news app, totally configurable as to the feeds you get
Pandora - music music music
Vplayer - best movie player I've found, plays every format I've thrown at it so far
AndFTP - ftp client
imo - all in one IM client (supports aim, skype, yim, msn, talk, and others)
Splashtop HD - stream your computers desktop to your devices (paid app, but worth it)
Yelp - mmm restaurant reviews
Ustream - view ustream broadcast
Jplayer - view jtv broadcast
Astro - file manager
Dropbox - share files in the cloud
Google Docs - more cloud goodness
IMdb - so I can look up movies n stuff
Opera browser - good alternative to the built in browser
Paypal & Chase - so I can keep tabs on my accounts
WoW Armory - because I'm a nerd and play WoW
Engadget - because its fun to read the biggest Apple biased tech site on my Android tablet
XDA - essential for any Android user
Skype - meh

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It's already been mentioned but I can't stress enough the need for a nice slim case or pouch for the Tab. I own both official products from Samsung. They keep the slim design of the Tab, and make it look so nice when carrying it around.

Also, I would recommend downloading the Netflix APK if you have a smartphone that is Netflix capable. You don't have to root your device, do anything illegal, or fool with a messy installation that would potentially damage the Tab. It's a simple install from once device to another. Having Netfilx on my Tab is incredible.

Also, find a good wallpaper app (I use PicSpeed HD & Zedge). The ability to customize your lock and home screen with your unique style is priceless.

I suggest installing an app called "Application Protector." This app allows you to protect individual apps from prying eyes by requiring a pin# to access the app. You wouldn't want to use a pin# to access every app, but for certain apps this is quite useful. For instance, I require a pin# on all my financial apps, android market, and dropbox. This way, when my kids are playing with the Tab they cannot mistakenly download apps without knowing the pin#.

Last edited:

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Splashtop Remote Desktop HD is a must. You can remotely access any registered PC's. I have my tab connected to my home PC, my work PC and my personal laptop - which means I can remotely access any files from any of those PC's whenever I want! Plus, since you're remotely accessing a dedicated PC, hulu, netflix and even online MMORPG's are playable/viewable through your tab! If you decide to buy it, it's only $6. Well worth it in my view.

Reactions: nate44

rebornr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Splashtop Remote Desktop HD is a must. You can remotely access any registered PC's. I have my tab connected to my home PC, my work PC and my personal laptop - which means I can remotely access any files from any of those PC's whenever I want! Plus, since you're remotely accessing a dedicated PC, hulu, netflix and even online MMORPG's are playable/viewable through your tab! If you decide to buy it, it's only $6. Well worth it in my view.
Splashtop is pretty freakin' awesome! I used the Desktop version of Hulu on my Mac and it worked like a charm. It's a little scary how much control I have on my main computer. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Splashtop is pretty freakin' awesome! I used the Desktop version of Hulu on my Mac and it worked like a charm. It's a little scary how much control I have on my main computer. Thanks for the recommendation!!

So this works on a Mac? I am thinking of buying this, it looks great! I just buy the Android app and then what, download the app on my Mac? Where do I do that?

rebornr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
So this works on a Mac? I am thinking of buying this, it looks great! I just buy the Android app and then what, download the app on my Mac? Where do I do that?
The app downloads to your Tab and then you need to download another application onto the Mac you are using (I don't think there is a limit - just need to be on the same local network). Then you setup a password on the application on the Mac and 'boom' it shows up in the app on your Tab. Enter the password and your Tab controls your Mac (although you can still control your Mac with the mouse and keyboard).

The screen resolution on your Mac goes wonky because it is now the resolution of your Tab (sort of like if you hook a computer up to a projector) but as soon as you disconnect it goes back to normal. The instructions are really easy. Not sure how it does it's voodoo but it works! There's even a beta application for Lion but I'm not touching Lion until I absolutely, positively have to.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'll add:

ES File Explorer for WiFi file transfers on my home and work networks

MX Video Player Uses Hardware Acceleration and it's free.

JustPictures! For both local and online photos. 6.0 is in beta right now and release is just around the corner.

FriendCaster Tab for Facebook Beta. Multi-user login

+1 for ES File Explorer.
It has a Dropbox plugin that allows me to do more than the official Dropbox app. It allows me to rename and move files in my Dropbox account. Something the official Dropbox app lacks.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Quant

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know a way to tap into SMS on the Galaxy's native number? Whn I try to set up my Verizon account it says its sending me an SMS but the Galaxy Tab has no SMS app. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget989