Does "Find My Mobile" work for you?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
One of the new features in the TouchWiz update is "FindMyMobile." I've tested it a few times and it doesn't seem to work unless I wake the device manually and keep it awake for a few minutes. It seems to be a huge flaw in the system if the device actually has to be awake to be found.

The scenario is if you lose it or it's stolen, the person who found it/has it would have to wake the device long enough and at the same time you issue the find command. If you have a lock on your Tab, it's only going to stay awake for 30 seconds or less at a time.

I get why it would need to be awake but then what's the point?

Is this a fail on Samsung's part or am I missing something?

(I do have the REMOTE CONTROLS box checked)

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine won't accept my password so not sure about the results if it did.

Mine says that I have the wrong password also even though the email is correct. I called tech, they didn't seem to know about "Find My Mobile" on the 10.1. They directed me to samsungdive.com.
I couldn't sign in there either nor could I create a new account using the same password. I was told that I had to create using a different email (Dumb). When I told him again that I had a Samsung account he said that was on another server? If it was on another server it should hav accepted the first email. Even on the sign in page it says that you only need ONE account.

Even after creating a new account and logging in I could get no further? Probably cause I am using a Mac and Apple keeps suing them? Are others having a problem with "Find Me Mobile"?

millemots

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Is Find My Mobile an app that is supposed to be installed with TouchWiz? I don't see an app named that, nor anything in settings.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Is Find My Mobile an app that is supposed to be installed with TouchWiz? I don't see an app named that, nor anything in settings.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

It is in Settings and I'm sorry but I don't have my 10.1 here so can't tell you exactly. It is under a two named section.

Nagui Riad

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a major problem with the Find my mobile as when I travel I put another SIM (of the country that I am in) and so it keeps sending messages to my wife phone (which I previously set to receive the messages) and I pay the international rate of messages. I tried to stop it by clicking on Alert SIM change yet it asks for a password and I have tried all m passwords with no success. Now whenever the phone shuts off and reopened I pay 25cents international message and this going on now for months. Can anyone tell me how to remove this??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer