Sold my tab... buying an ipad.

The Architect

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
PS... would someone PLEASE get around to writing a decent sports scoreboard app for Android Tablets!?!? :mad: Having used ESPN ScoreCentre HD at the apple store has me pining for one more than ever.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
PS... would someone PLEASE get around to writing a decent sports scoreboard app for Android Tablets!?!? :mad: Having used ESPN ScoreCentre HD at the apple store has me pining for one more than ever.

I have ESPN ScoreCenter on my Tab and it works fine. It's landscape only but it looks great. No need to stretch or anything.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
With all the newly released Google Apps for iPad, I'm thinking now is the time.

The BS with having the Tab still be an unsupported device for hulu+ despite finally being installable has me more frustrated than ever.

No offense but Hulu sucks. I hate the constant ads. Netflix and Amazon Prime are much much better.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No offense but Hulu sucks. I hate the constant ads. Netflix and Amazon Prime are much much better.

The ads are short & quick. Not like normal tv ads. It's still cheaper than cable & it has a ton of content. I think it's worth the $7.99. I don't mind few ads if they keep the price that low.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It has treated me very well. I've since upgraded to the 64GB 4G LTE ipad..... and use it daily. I tried to buy a Kindle fire for my wife, but she refused it.. and I got her the 3G one... and she loves it.

I actually came back to this thread because I was trying to get a sense of how much the 10.1's would start selling for on craigslist now that they are banned in the US. I'd buy one for $150 - $200... I was never totally against the device.

The ipad.... honestly... just works. The apps... really work. Google plus, Google Voice.... and even instagram. Iphoto....has been great for editing photos and imovies also.

No force closing... no error messages...

I do miss one thing. I wish I could have my itunes collection stream from icloud (similar to google music)

There is a google music app for ios. Works great.

Reactions: AldousSnow

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Google could do a better job @ encouraging higher quality tablet apps.

I agree here. But unfortunately with the release of the 7" Nexus for $199.... I think this is really going to hurt the 10" high end market. I can't imagine how difficult it will be to place a 7 inch Nexus next to a $499 Galaxy Note and try to convince the customer that the could either pick up a 200 Nexus... or a 500 tablet (that is similar to the 500 ipad).

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks... don't know how I missed this!!!

Also... the new Google Chrome Browser for IOS is really.... REALLY nice.

No Problem.

& Yes, chrome is awesome. Having it on the iPad finally is a nice change. Having everything sync'd across devices now is a little easier.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have my SGT 10.1 since it came out in June 2011. But I've been extremely disappointed by lack of tablet optimized apps compared to Ipad optimized apps. That's why Ipad is the market leader in tablets and will be for a long time.

It is completely up to the developers if they want to release tablet-optimized versions of their apps or not. Google does not mandate either way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89