Google Voice for Tab 10.1

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
so this grooveip thing is bothering me. there are a few posts in the amazon review section of the app stating that it contains spyware. not sure about that, but it definitely bothers me that i have to give an independent 3rd party my username and password for google voice, which is of course directly tied to my gmail account...

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
so this grooveip thing is bothering me. there are a few posts in the amazon review section of the app stating that it contains spyware. not sure about that, but it definitely bothers me that i have to give an independent 3rd party my username and password for google voice, which is of course directly tied to my gmail account...

In case you did not know Google does the same thing

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't able to call from my tablet with gv. Grooveip used my WiFi connection only and showed it was my phone number calling out. I don't have it configured for incoming calls so only my phone rings. It works well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

My AntiVirus didn't pick up anything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I saw two comments in the amazon market about groove ip having spyware on it, and neither backed it up with any fact...just conjecture. I then googled "groove ip spyware and virus" and it came back with ZERO results other than those two comments on amazon. I will go out on a limb and say its perfectly safe.