Has anyone got there Google Music account working yet?

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine wont work. When i open it, it says i need to contact to the computer via usb and manually add music. I did the update, no luck. I logged into my account on my regular comp and the tab isnt showing as a device....and of course im using the same gmail acct. Anyone have any luck?

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine works. You need to look for the settings button in the options (upper right hand side of the screen). Select your Google account and you should be all set. I've already been streaming some music!

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine didnt even have that option. But i uninstalled the updates, then reinstalled them and that did the trick. Streaming away now!

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine worked right away, but I remember trying a Rom on my Incredible that made me uninstall and then reinstall music to get it to work

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a galaxy tab for the wife yesterday. I have tried installing the update and uninstalling the update, power on and off, still no settings option. Music seems to be a core app as i can not uninstall the app itself, any other ideas?

thanks

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to go into the music web app before I was able to get my galaxy tab to stream. Works like a charm now.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I too am unable to access my music from the cloud as I can on my phone. I did the install from the market which then showed some music, none of which is mine. At this point, I have copied music from my computer onto the Tab.

So...
1) - has anyone else enounter this and how did you resolve it
2) - is there a way to delete the music that shows up which is not mine?

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I too am unable to access my music from the cloud as I can on my phone. I did the install from the market which then showed some music, none of which is mine. At this point, I have copied music from my computer onto the Tab.

So...
1) - has anyone else enounter this and how did you resolve it
2) - is there a way to delete the music that shows up which is not mine?

This worked for me:

1. Launch the music player
2. Click the options icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen (next the the search button)
3. Select Settings
4. Select Google Account and associate your Google Account to Music Beta

That should be all you need to do. Good luck and I hope this helps.

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Try logging into music.google.com from your device. I forgot to mentioned that is what I did. Once I logged in, I received a prompt from the music app.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me:

1. Launch the music player
2. Click the options icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen (next the the search button)
3. Select Settings
4. Select Google Account and associate your Google Account to Music Beta

That should be all you need to do. Good luck and I hope this helps.
My Google account is already listed in the settings. There is no option to associate it with Music Beta.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
(1) clear data from your google music app
(2) manually sync your google account in the tabs main settings
(3) wait for it to completely sync (may take a few minutes)
(4) reopen google music after a couple minutes. You should be prompted to add your gmail account and then sync music.

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My Google account is already listed in the settings. There is no option to associate it with Music Beta.

Silly question; did you push the button on the right hand side of the screen to activate your Google account in Music Beta? Settings -> Google Account.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
(1) clear data from your google music app
(2) manually sync your google account in the tabs main settings
(3) wait for it to completely sync (may take a few minutes)
(4) reopen google music after a couple minutes. You should be prompted to add your gmail account and then sync music.
Did all that and after syncing the only music showing is what I manually copied.