Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Frequently Rebooting

Joseph Dilworth

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Starting today, my Tab 2 10.1 has just started rebooting constantly. Sometimes it will be fine, but then whatever I app I am in will freeze and the machine will reboot. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. It is staying booted up for less and less time. Any suggestions or advice? Hoping to avoid factory reset, but I have a feeling that may be my only option at this point.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Starting today, my Tab 2 10.1 has just started rebooting constantly. Sometimes it will be fine, but then whatever I app I am in will freeze and the machine will reboot. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. It is staying booted up for less and less time. Any suggestions or advice? Hoping to avoid factory reset, but I have a feeling that may be my only option at this point.

Instead, you can reboot into recovery. Power down. Then press volume up and power at the same time. Release when you see Samsung's logo. You will get a highlighted menu that you navigate with volume rockers, and accept with power buttons. Scroll down to wipe cache partition, and hit power. Takes a few seconds, then hit power to reboot system. See if that helps. A factory reset does this during the process, this just doesn't delete any apps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, that did not help, but that is handy to know for the future.

Afraid I am currently out of ideas. Any new apps recently downloaded? If so, uninstall and slowly add them back...like a day or two between.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ernstn

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem which brought me to this thread. I previously did a factory reset which helped for a while before the problem reared its ugly head again, with the tablet rebooting up to 10 times a day. Somehow Google play service was one of the processes running on the tablet. After I have uninstalled it, the rebooting stopped and in fact my tablet has been running now without a reboot for four days. Only problem is that my tablet is now constantly reminding me to install/update/enable it.

Gunther Jorg

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi please help me
my device Galaxy P5100 Tab 2 10.1 no rooted no update
android 4.0.4
reboots itself three times and more in day
when i use it or no
i do factory reset two times and the problem still
the apps which i install about 10 apps
Chrome and Facebook ,i didn't install it

kramrehsul

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Instead, you can reboot into recovery. Power down. Then press volume up and power at the same time. Release when you see Samsung's logo. You will get a highlighted menu that you navigate with volume rockers, and accept with power buttons. Scroll down to wipe cache partition, and hit power. Takes a few seconds, then hit power to reboot system. See if that helps. A factory reset does this during the process, this just doesn't delete any apps.

Madhu Always

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
My tab get reboot twice when i power off or restart it and then it eventually comes to formal and open my homepage but i am scared that it might have some problem . I just want to know how to fix it. Please help me please

ITGA_Ian

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Joseph, don't worry.This happend to me too,and I know how to fix it.
Step 1: Remember the last app u used. (Let's say Minecraft PE for example)
Step 2: Try uninstalling All apps for & MCPE (BlockLancher, Mcpe, Mcpe maps)
Once you did that, your tablet SHOULD then continue working...If not, then I am afraid Factory Restore is your only option. :-\

andronik246

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I created a very similar post to yours -> Android Custom ROM (AOSP 5.1.1) Reboots on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
URL: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...osp-5-1-1-reboots-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-a.html

Briefly what I did was connect the Tablet to Eclipse using LogCat through USB Debugging.
Note: The internal LogCat was completely useless. The screen turned off prior to the reboot process.
With that I only decided to filter out the error messages.

What I found is the following process with error.
10-13 15:41:45.481: A/libc(5773): Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 5773 (gpsd)

Seems this message means its freezing. (I would need confirmation from some Android professionals) But thats it. It just started.
What I think is causing the issue is the touchscreen receiver freezed up. (The tablet kept working as the characters in the game were still moving normally)
The other issue would by some type of synchronization going on.

Through some other forums I read people mentioned it would be either Google Play Services which is causing issues or the internal Battery failing (ie, disconnecting). On the last issue I had replacced the battery and it didn't work.

The Wipe of Cache is the most used solution everybody says. Its a pointless solution. My focus would be either finding a good rom that works and or detecting what physical component is failing.
(Being RAM, Overheating CPU, Memory Card - be it internal or external)... but again, I can't find out what it is. On my end.. It's driving me nuts, as I started out with the stock firmware and moved on to customized firmwares (such as Cyanogenmod and AOSP ... different Android versions)