Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge or turn on.

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I had to remove the sim and sd cards then plugged into my computer and held the power button and volume DOWN together and the battery sign came up in about 5 seconds. It had 22%. After that, I started it normally by pressing the power button.

I had tried this several times with power and volume + button and it did not work......
Holding power and home buttons also did not work..

Robot Man

May 1, 2016
Visit site
After trying everything else, including disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, this is the only method which worked. Thank you. Back off, battery disconnect, charger in (screen comes on), battery reconnect. Strange thing is battery recharging logo shows the battery is about 80% charged. Then I perform the power and volume button reset, the tablet then starts to charge up again, showing battery charge at 0%.
Taking the back off was tricky and I made a crack by the audio port, so I am not happy with this problem, which I assume is software?

sandra cleary

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge on 12v.

I have a Galaxy S2 tablet; 9.7" screen with LTE. 2 months old. When I plug it into the cars 12V system using a generic adapter/via Samsung USB cable, IT REFUSED TO CHARGE. I have tried 3 different adapters and still no use. Is there a special Samsung adapter for this and who sells it?

allidb

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
REAL FIX PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL

In response to all, this happened to my Samsung tab 2 7.0.

There are much simpler steps than removing casing & battery. Whilst the tablet is performing the odd activity of temporarily charging and then powering off, hold down the "Volume up and down key" at the same time. This will bring you into "Boot loader screen" from there on wards you want to select "reboot device", something relevant to rebooting. NOTE: Do not select clear/partition/factory reset device as this may worsen the situation. After selecting "reboot device" you device will attempt to turn on but then will switch off straight away. Do not worry, instead be patient & do not touch any controls or power wires as then the device will automatically turn back on and start charging automatically with the battery symbol appearing as normal.

Please do feel free to contact me if anything is misunderstood.

I hope all your tablets successfully boot correctly

May the force be with you

- Thank you

Kiki:cool:

Super frustrating. Tablet won't even turn on. I have already tried this. Please help.������ It will not turn on the reboot screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Blank1

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I was playing a game and let the battery drained to zero. Yes, zero. I have never done that before. The tablet completely shut itself down. Like many, the tablet came on with the charger and show 1 bar and reboot. It does this again and again. It was not properly shut down and that cause it to conserve energy since the battery is zero, but it will not charge either. I tried to hold the volume button, this does kick the tablet to start. However, once it reached the display screen the tablet begin to power off immediately. Sometime it did not made it to the display screen and shut down before that. Keep on trying and keep pressing the off button repeatedly until you see the off/restart menu. Be quick because you only have barely a second before it power itself off. You want to properly shut this off by touching the off option on the screen. Once I'm able to do that, the battery show all the bars of being charge and will be on a suspended/sleep mode while charging. No more 1 bar and reboot over over again. Hope that help. People still have the tablet in 2016.

Darin Gemmer

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy tab 2 7in wont charge or turn on.

Well like most of you I have tried different chargers sockets and lap tops to charge my Galaxy tab 2tab 7 inch- and almost having the will to leave me entirely
A little helping hand of "hold the sound level up and down keys together for ten seconds" there was a boost of life from my tab and it rebooted and I left it alone for about an hour
charging on the pc and it was quite happily filling up its little power bars - thank you

This one worked. I held them. Down for about a minute. Thanks! I'd tried each of the volume buttons with the power button, but not both volume buttons together.

Garrett Papp

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site

Hello. The battery doesn't charge at all? Can you turn it on while it is plugged into the wall charger?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

I am having the same problem when I plug it into the wall it has a loading battery sign then it starts to load with dots underneath shows one bar of battery then it shuts off and repeats the process

Last edited:

MicheyB

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Plugging it in to car charger worked for my tablet too. I must need a new wall charger. Thanks.

Last edited:

Douglas Jones3

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about using car charger.
My Tab2 10.1 appeared dead, fallen off its perch!. No sign of life whatsoever. Tried charging using supplied lead. nothing. tried alternative pressings of all buttons and for differing lengths of time. Nothing. connected to car charger.....YIPPEE!!!! thing works. Mine had been on charge for about an hour last night. taken off charge, worked and then when I tried to wake it up later, nothing. On connection to car charger the charging symbol illuminated showing 90% charge so must be some sort of fault with sensor. fingers crossed!!!!!

Mine when plugged in kept cycling between the circle, battery charging icon at 0% then black. If left plugged in all night, it would charge.

I have tried everything except disconnecting the battery.

The fix: while plugged in hold the power button and home button at the same time until it turns on. Worked great for me.

Let me know if this works for you as well.

Thanks
Thats a first home button ? Well i tried power and home same time nothing also power and up volume together nothing and tab is on charger

Did not work for my tab s2

Last edited by a moderator:

jonkim

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I had to remove the sim and sd cards then plugged into my computer and held the power button and volume DOWN together and the battery sign came up in about 5 seconds. It had 22%. After that, I started it normally by pressing the power button.

I had tried this several times with power and volume + button and it did not work......
Holding power and home buttons also did not work..

Just wanted to contribute back to the group.

Mine is a tab s2 and it just randomly stopped turning on one day. I tried a number of different button combinations with no luck, but with the above combination (power+volume down) and it would show some life with the samsung loading logo page and then go to the encrypted pin signin page and then turn off (seemed as if the battery died). One time I got the pin in quickly and it went to the home page but the battery icon had a red X over it and wasn't charging despite being plugged into the OEM charger.

Based on some research, I ended up booting the tablet into recovery mode, wiping the cache partition and then rebooting. And now it seems to be turning on and charging properly. Link below for instructions to boot into recovery mode and wiping cache. Hope this helps someone!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Sheera 65

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site

I held the power and home button in at same time for about 10 seconds and tablet power returned!

DougJames65

Nov 22, 2018
Visit site
Have a new Samsung tablet that was setup and fully charged

We used the tablet on our last vacation, along with a Lenovo lap top. Both devices were fully charged when we put them in storage until our next vacation.

Here we are on our next vacation, the lap top turned on with 99% battery. The tablet will not turn on, has 0% battery. Is the Samsung battery junk after 6 months?

urbanman2004

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I tried this method and it actually worked. My Tablet was over half charged and just wouldn't turn on or charge. After holding down the power and volume button for a bit and then randomly pressing them it turned on! Thanks!

Thanks, this tip also worked for my Tab 2