Galaxy Tab 3: USB Adaptor

talos2

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Tab3 10.1 .
I would like to download pictures from my camera direct to the tab via usb, is there a lead or adaptor that will allow me to do this , the single micro USB provided for charging etc. seem to be very limited.

Last edited by a moderator:

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have seen OTG (on the go) leads in Amazon for as little as ?3 but have not tried one yet but may invest in one soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Realsis77

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: USB Adaptor

You can use a microsd adaptor . Take the card that has the picts on it trsnsfer the picts to your computer using the micro sd adaptor, then take adapter out, put in the tablets sd card into the micro adapter and transfer from your computer directly to the tablets sd card. Then remove the card from the micro adaptor and replace it back into the tablet. The pictures will now be transfered to your sd card and avaible for you on the tablet. This is a lot more fast and simple than it sounds. Its basically transfering your data directly to your sd card. You can get a micro adapter for around three dollars, sometimes they are free with a sd card purchase. Hope this helps. This is how I transfer data often. The micro sd reader goes into the computers usb port. You can do it this way if your having difficulties teathering via USB.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

I suggest trying either an OTG adapter to read the memory card, or just use a microsd with a size adapter in the camera so you can pull out the micro to plug into tablet. BACK UP FILES WITH DROPBOX OR ONTO PC anyways.

talos2

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Sound like an awful lot of faffing about, is there no way I can connect camera to pad directly like I can on a laptop via a USB lead ?

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I purchased a Samsung Micro USB Connector cable and I can easily moved photos from my camera to the Tab 3.

Not a lot of faffing, not difficult at all.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
How did you get the GT3 to see the OTG? I use OTG on my Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7, but my Tab 3 won't see the OTG. I've tried stick mount as well. I was under the impression that it's a kernel issue.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Which model. None of the 7's seem to do OTG but I have seen reports of success with some of the bigger models.

It's the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 that Sprint's giving away to change over to their Framily plan. I believe that OTG support would have to be done at the kernel level, and I've haven't seem much love for this tablet. (Does make a great GPS device in my car with the right mount though) :)

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It's an odd duck. The LTE model is worlds faster than the wifi and in theory it should be capable of nearly everything the Mega does. But a few features were either disabled or simply never baked into the tablet firmware build.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE
Arrived today works just fine, even brings up a program I didn't know I had called camera import when I plug the camera in, works with a memory stick too.
One happy bunny :)

Glad I could help.......can't go wrong by actually buying the USB adapter that's made for your Tab 3. :)