New to tablets...can't turn off pin lock...

kelliemurray

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I have searched and searched and tried every tip I could find and nothing is helping. I just got my tablet a few months ago and am still learning how to use it...at a snail's pace I might add...and would LOVE to turn off the pin lock. I live alone and am disabled so I don't go get out a lot therefore I don't need to keep it locked up, so to speak.

My tablet is not encrypted. I don't have a VPN. As far as I can tell I don't have any device administrators.

Any ideas?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, have you set up any Exchange accounts for e-mail? These are usually the 'culprits' in enforcing security in your devices due to company policies to let you use the account in mobile devices.

But if you say you don't have any Device Administrators, then the option SHOULD be there, unless you're using something like Knox or an overly controlling security software.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you mean by exchange accounts for e-mail. As far as security, the only thing I have added is AVG. Could that have done it?
Sorry, I was traveling. Some corporate e-mail accounts enforce a security policy on mobile devices, so if you use them, they make it mandatory for you to use a secure lockscreen. I haven't used AVG but it sounds like it could be the culprit, just look to its settings and see if there's anything that might include secure lockscreens or something like that.

Sajid, I believe he has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3... right?

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about having to enter a Pin number on your home screen, everytime you turn on your screen?

If so, then do this to deactivate it,..... if not then ignore this response

Settings>Lock Screen>Screen Security>Screen Lock

Screen Lock is set to PIN, set it to SWiPE.

Now the Pin request will not agree whenever you turn you tablet dcreen on.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87