WiFi issue

towbot

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
After a couple of weeks of automatically connecting to my WiFi just fine my Tab 7 plus no longer will. In settings it constantly reads "Obtaining IP address from (my router)" but never does. Plenty of bars and the laptop I am writing this with connects just fine. Don't recall changing any settings. Not in airplane mode. Have turned off/on etc. Have yet to try another network but hoping for any suggestions. My model is a Wifi only. Thanks.

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Power cycle your router and if that does not work, "Forget" the Wi-Fi network on your Tab and re-connect. That should do it!

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

towbot

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Tried both those options to no avail and ended up doing a hard reset. Lost a little bit of data but did the trick. Hope I get more than 2 weeks before it happens again! Thanks for advice. Used Samsung tech support and they seemed pretty good especially compared to useless Toshiba support on my laptop.

KnoxBNYC#AC

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My problem with my WiFi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus has been similar.

Since the last update (I'm guessing that was the culprit, anyway), it's happened twice that I can no longer access anything on the Internet except through the built-in "Browser" (which seemed to behave just fine!).

• No "Words With Friends".
  • No weather apps No "Dolphin Browser HD".
  • Anything trying for internet access came back, after a good wait of trying, with a "network error".

I tried all the things recommended above.

The only thing I found that restored connectivity was a "Factory Data Reset" from Honeycomb's Settings -> Privacy.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The OEM's try to figure out every possible scenario so that you do not have to Factory Reset after an update, but sometimes that is the only answer. There are just too many variables (developers) involved to insure that everyone is playing by the same rules and that an update won't Bork your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87