Will not start

tae111

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Tab A7 for 1 year and 1 month. It has never been dropped and never left my house. It still looks brand new without a scratch on it. Last night it was working fine and today it will not turn on. I have tried holding the on and volume down button but that didn't work. I have had it on the charger (it works because I checked it with my phone) but I get nothing. It's just completely dead. Any suggestions or did this just bite the dust?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After you let it charge uninterrupted on a wall outlet, press and hold Power for about 30 seconds. If nothing happens, then either the battery or the motherboard failed. Unfortunately, since the device is no longer under warranty, you'd either have to bring it to a repair shop, or get a new device.

tae111

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I left it on the charger overnight and still nothing. It's just one month out of warranty so that's a bummer. The strange thing is I was using it and plugged it in on the table when I was done. When I picked it up the next day it was not functioning at all. I talked with customer service today and since it's Saturday they couldn't set me up with a repair. They are supposed to call me Monday. Not something I expect from Samsung. I still have a Tab 4 that is probably over 15 years old and although it's super slow it still starts when charged. I hope it's not $250.00 down the drain after only a little over a year.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I left it on the charger overnight and still nothing. It's just one month out of warranty so that's a bummer. The strange thing is I was using it and plugged it in on the table when I was done. When I picked it up the next day it was not functioning at all. I talked with customer service today and since it's Saturday they couldn't set me up with a repair. They are supposed to call me Monday. Not something I expect from Samsung. I still have a Tab 4 that is probably over 15 years old and although it's super slow it still starts when charged. I hope it's not $250.00 down the drain after only a little over a year.
Yeah that sucks , might be the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non