Why do I have a red x and why can I not import anything onto my pc?

changirl

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I have tried multiple usb cables on my Samsung Tab A (all of which are Samsung cables) and with all of them a red x appears in the battery symbol...why is this happening? How do I make it go away? And does this have something to do with why I cannot import my photos and videos onto my pc? When I try it starts to import but then will say something went wrong please try again and it only imports a few photos before doing this but is not deleting them off my tablet. I am getting very frustrated with this as I have never had a problem with any of my Samsung devices before this!

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The Red X I believe is just about the Charge status - most PCs cannot put out enough juice over the USB to charge the device optimally, so this is a warning. Regarding transfer use Samsung Smart Switch, this give a file folder explorer where you can see images etc.

changirl

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I should have mentioned that this red x symbol is also there when I am plugged into the charger in a normal wall socket. I didn't have an issue importing until this symbol appeared

changirl

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I should have mentioned this above as well but even when I have the charger plugged into a normal socket the red x still appears. I did not have an issue with importing until this sign appeared

jpintn

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I should have mentioned this above as well but even when I have the charger plugged into a normal socket the red x still appears. I did not have an issue with importing until this sign appeared

This seems to be normal while the tablet is on. If you power off with it plugged into the computer or wall the x will disappear and the charge status will show. I don't know about your "import" issue. I simply plug the tablet into my USB port and then use drag and drop in Windows Explorer. Works perfectly.

UPDATE: I just realized that when the tablet is on and plugged into the computer USB port the red X does appear but the tablet is charging just fine.

Last edited: