Just Bought Galaxy Tab 8.9 16GB WiFi

iphone4convert

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching for a new tablet for a while. I was considering the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and the Kindle Fire along with others. I stumbled into my local Best Buy Mobile in the mall and found a brand new Galaxy Tab 8.9 16GB WiFi (sealed box) for only $248. I could not be more pleased with my purchase. Now I'm hoping for ICS to be released.

cclifft

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching for a new tablet for a while. I was considering the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and the Kindle Fire along with others. I stumbled into my local Best Buy Mobile in the mall and found a brand new Galaxy Tab 8.9 16GB WiFi (sealed box) for only $248. I could not be more pleased with my purchase. Now I'm hoping for ICS to be released.

Here's to hoping...

I think you will like your new purchase. I really enjoy mine, and recently I purchased ADW Launcher to replace touchwiz, and wow, what a difference. I would recommend giving it a shot, makes it feel and function like a tablet should. I was toying with the option to root mine, but I am such a stock freak, that I can wait. Plus with the new launcher, I feel like I just got a new tablet. I can't really explain it, but before running stock out of the box touchwiz, it just felt clunky after a bit, and there was a bit of lag in landscape mode (which is normal from what I have found), but now it seems to just run smoother.

It's really a nice tablet and does everything I need it to do. Sometimes i remiss about all the times I see an app only for iPad, but it passes, usually when I watch a flash movie :)

You got a great tablet for a great price, so enjoy!

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
A couple of things to know about this tablet. There are more then one version of it so when you are looking at custom ROM's, recoveries etc make sure it is for the right model.
GT-7310 is the wifi only tegra 2 model
GT-7300 is the 3G tegra 2 model, popular overseas
i957 is the AT&T LTE Snapdragon model
GT-7320 is an LTE version available overseas

It is a great tablet. THe 8.9 is the perfect size for me. & is way too small and 10 is too hard for me to type on. It has all of the specs the 10.1 and the 7.0 has your not cutting anything out when compared to the original galaxy tabs.

We have been told and official ICS would be released withint the 2nd quarter which means any time between now and the end of june.

If you are not content with waiting that long. The 8.9 has a very much alive and well developement community with three different ICS ports (AOSP, AOKP, and CM9) None of these ROM's have a working camera or working HDMI out but everything else is fully functional and smooth as butter
Galaxy Tab 8.9 Android Development - xda-developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress