Wireless Galaxy tab pro to tv/projector ? How!?

prezzacc

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Have a galaxy tab pro. I would like to watch movies stored on it or a card in the tab on my pico projector or tv which isn't a smart tv.

Firstly I thought I would just buy a chromecast dongle but have since read that it only uses apps such as Netflix. This is fine but I also want to watch stored movies on my tab on the big screen ? Not always stream it. Any ideas please .

Thanks all

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using screen mirroring with some success. Took a whole to get it to connect and at times it does disconnect but it does work. Works better with my note 4. I'm hoping when we get the lollipop upgrade it will work better.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

cwilly8

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
A $10 connector from Amazon worked for us. I would post a link, but apparently I'm not a "frequent poster." Here is the description of the item:

Micro USB to HDMI Cable, Rankie® 6.5 feet MHL Micro USB to HDMI 1080P HDTV Adapter Cable with integrated USB Charging Cable for Samsung Galaxy

cwilly8

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
We plugged the HDMI end into a spare input on our receiver. Picture and sound worked fine. You could go directly to the TV HDMI input also.

emmachallis

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I can't see why you can't use a chromecast? If you google "Cast your Android screen from the Chromecast app" you can see it states you can do this, there are also videos available on YouTube demonstrating this :).