Only left side heard from headphones

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
About a week ago my tab pro went from hearing out of both ears to only my left. Did the cleaning nothing! Did the paperclip nothing! Cotton swab nope! Piece of tin foil inserted with the headphones did the trick!! But that's not what I want to be doing all the time. So I'm open to any suggestions before considering a factory reset. I would hate to have to spend $$ on sending it in for repair as it's warranty ran out 3 months ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
About a week ago my tab pro went from hearing out of both ears to only my left. Did the cleaning nothing! Did the paperclip nothing! Cotton swab nope! Piece of tin foil inserted with the headphones did the trick!! But that's not what I want to be doing all the time. So I'm open to any suggestions before considering a factory reset. I would hate to have to spend $$ on sending it in for repair as it's warranty ran out 3 months ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

Factory reset will not fix a broken earjack. It comes with left speaker, power and volume button as assembly set.
It't not difficult to change as you only need to remover the rear cover and one screw to take out the whole speaker set. Sending for repair is not necessary as it takes at least 7-10 days to get it fix for a simple repair
Loud Speaker Ringer Power Volume Flex for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10 1 T520 | eBay

$_12.JPG

This video for replace battery, but just look to see how it's easy to replace the left speaker which is not in the video.
When the back is facing you, left speaker will be on the right.
Important note: the rear cover should be opened from the front , remove from the back like this video might damage some plastic locking tabs and the rear cover will not close as before.This mistake many people do like the guy who makes this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtYKR6ODw4

This video shows how to put back the rear cover, this guy is clumsy too but I cannot find a better video. See this video you should know the rear cover should be removed by prying from the front, not from the back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sw0OxqUzkI

Last edited:

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Factory reset will not fix a broken earjack. It comes with left speaker, power and volume button as assembly set.
It't not difficult to change as you only need to remover the rear cover and one screw to take out the whole speaker set. Sending for repair is not necessary as it takes at least 7-10 days to get it fix for a simple repair
Loud Speaker Ringer Power Volume Flex for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10 1 T520 | eBay

View attachment 191330

This video for replace battery, but just look to see how it's easy to replace the left speaker which is not in the video.
When the back is facing you, left speaker will be on the right.
Important note: the rear cover should be opened from the front , remove from the back like this video might damage some plastic locking tabs and the rear cover will not close as before.This mistake many people do like the guy who makes this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtYKR6ODw4

This video shows how to put back the rear cover, this guy is clumsy too but I cannot find a better video. See this video you should know the rear cover should be removed by prying from the front, not from the back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sw0OxqUzkI

Thank you I will look into this... :)

mikepelham

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this info. I have the same problem. That was a great link to get the parts , I was searching everywhere for this !!
Getting the back off is not too bad but I think I broke a tab as mentioned :( then removing the white edge surround border is tough - not sure how to do this and it is necessary to get to the connector for the loudspeaker. on the edge. Can anyone help here ??