ripping movies to tablet

cr500taco

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Want to put some movies on my tablet and wondering which rippers you recommend? Also, is it pointless to rip Blu Rays instead of DVDs, since the file size will be much larger?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ripping a DVD is illegal, so we don't discuss that here. (You own the right to play the movie from the DVD or BR disk it's on, you don't own the movie or the right to break the DRM to copy it.)

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a wide variety of rippers. I THINK FREEMAKE can rip dvd's. I know it can convert between the various formats. Obviously, ripping high definition, high quality results in larger file size. Some folks want the best quality. Others want a more reasonable file size. Also, it might depend on whether you want to watch only on a tablet or use hdmi (or screen mirror) to show it on a large screen tv.

Whoops, I see the topic may be off limits. I believe there are jurisdictions where you may copy your dvd. And actually, I have ripped dvd's that I have created from Travel pictures that I did burn to dvd using Magix software. Then suddenly found that I wanted them on my BB Playbook and my Z10 and now have moved some of them to the Tab S.

Nephele

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I second MakeMKV+Handbrake. MakeMKV does the decryption job and Handbrake can transcoding to MP4 for tablet.
Some freeware are quite good if you only got DVDs to rip like Free DVDAid. You can find the download on CNET.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87