Is my tab s2 broken?? Please help :/

Spudd902

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a tabs2 9.7 LTE. The side button that lowers the volume seems to only work sometimes. When it is not working restarting the device makes it function again. Oddly, the volume up button works perfect. Should I send for repair?? Very frustrating as the device is only 3 months old with very little use/mint condition.

Also, is there an LED light on the front of the device that turns red when you charge/different colours for notifications? If so that does not work on my device either. Please let me know.

Thank you so much for the help!!!!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I’m not sure that there is a notification LED on the front. I know there is a camera – the other may be the light sensor detecting the light brightness to adjust the screen. As for the button not working and being fixed upon reboot, that seems to be a software glitch/problem. Try clearing the device cache by following the steps here: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28382

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
My volume button randomly does the same thing. It's a software problem that came with one of the updates. I simply use the up volume button, then use the touch screen to turn it down. Stupid workaround foe a problem we shouldn't have, but hey, it's a Samsung. What'd you expect? At least it isn't on fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez