Has anyone else had a problem Samsung tech support not taking in any repair work?

03sp500

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I always thought that this is a nice tablet. It did all that I wanted it to do and then some. Sleek, powerful and very nice graphics. I used it for just under a year and had a good experience with it. Now fast forward to just shy of a year (like before the warranty ended) that's when I lost respect for Samsung, Samsung customer support and this tablet which I can no longer use. 1 month before the warranty was up I had a reoccurring "battery error " message. It told me to contact Samsung for a replacement device. I contacted them and the rep said he never heard of anything like it. He loaded a program to my tablet, logged into it and saw the message over and over again. He tried some various things and said you need to do a hard reset. Of course, that's the fix for every tablet right. So I did, the problem went away for ... you guessed it 1 month and 2 weeks. Now the battery wont charge at all, I cant connect it to a pc to remove my files from the tablet. So I contacted Samsung tech support again.

This is where I lost respect for Samsung. The rep told me yes indeed he saw all the previous notes and is VERY SORRY for me having to deal with this concern. BUT you are now out of warranty, and to add insult to injury he told me flat out. " we are sorry but right now we are NOT accepting any out of warranty repairs at this time" so basically my 500.00 tablet that is just over 1 year old is totally USELESS. and Samsung wont even fix it if I pay for it. How is that even possible. you buy a product that has a problem under warranty and gives you a instructions to do a hard reset, it corrects the problem temporarily and then when it happens again they say sorry its not covered and we wont even fix it if you paid us. Leaving me with a broken tablet that I cant do anything with. NICE. So stay away from this device unless you need a temporary tablet

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So sad to hear about your issue :( I have had the opposite experience with my two Samsung tablets. Still running a Tab S 10.5 without issues since purchase, and the Note 10.1 I handed down to my brother is still as good as new (even getting updates!).

The only time I've had to call their service center was for a Galaxy S2 that, too, was out of warranty, and while they admitted they didn't have parts for such model, they did offer to refer me to authorized service centers that could help or replace my phone with a newer model for a price difference (trade in).

va20171

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I actually had a very positive experience with Samsung support. My Galaxy Tab S2 (out of warranty about 2 months) stopped charging and Samsung end up repairing for free. After contacting them through Live Chat, they filed a service request and said the Depot Tracking Team would contact me to inform the initial charges and provide instructions to ship the device. They called me a few hours later and informed that they would give a one-time accommodation to cover the Labor and Parts under warranty and sent me an email with a link to print the return label. The whole process was incredibly fast, and I got my tablet repaired in less than a week.

Have you tried to contact them through another channel? Maybe the tech support rep did not follow the right process to file a service request. Once the ticket is open, the Depot Tracking Team will make an initial assessment and contact you to inform/collect the initial charges.

I wish you good luck!