Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - Smart Stay missing

Travelbuddy

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
I've now switched to a flip case with bluetooth keyboard. However as a result i've lost the facility to turn on / turn off the display previously enjoyed with the old case, which occurred upon opening / closing the flap over the screen. So i read up and found articals indicating you can use the android smart stay setting to at least keep the display on whilst the screen/camera can detect a face. According to the user manual the Smart Stay is maintained within Settings-Display. However i have updated to Android 7 and this feature is not listed there. Would welcome any advice on how to once again enjoy shutting the screen down without clicking the power button.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Nougat forum to the Tab S2 forum, since this is more of a device-specific issue.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
There are screen toggle apps available that provide widgets that turn the screen off when touched - I use one called Turn Off Screen (developer: jima3) that works fine. The downside is that if you enable screen lock then you have to enter your pin to unlock when you turn the display back on - fingerprint and location-based unlock (Smart lock) don't work when an app turns off the display (a Nougat "feature") as opposed to using the power button.

Pamela Curry

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I've now switched to a flip case with bluetooth keyboard. However as a result i've lost the facility to turn on / turn off the display previously enjoyed with the old case, which occurred upon opening / closing the flap over the screen. So i read up and found articals indicating you can use the android smart stay setting to at least keep the display on whilst the screen/camera can detect a face. According to the user manual the Smart Stay is maintained within Settings-Display. However i have updated to Android 7 and this feature is not listed there. Would welcome any advice on how to once again enjoy shutting the screen down without clicking the power button.
What your describing had nothing to do with Smart Stay. It's a feature that works with specific cases. I believe you are correct that the keyboard case does not work with that feature. It has to do with proximity sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87