Tablet won't power up

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Last night I went to restart my tablet (battery was in the 60's percentage wise) I hit restart and the screen went black after a brief moment. After that the tablet didn't restart and an now unable to get it to turn on. Tried the power and volume button combo and that didn't work. Tried putting on the charging cable and it isn't indications that it's charging either. I bought the tablet new in September of 2017, so it is a little over 2 years old but was working great up until the restart attempt.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Plug it into a wall outlet and leave it undisturbed for at least 6 hours. Then press and hold Power and Vol Down for 20 seconds. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold Power again for another 20 seconds. If nothing happens, then either the battery or motherboard has failed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! It might have been frozen on a black screen -- the Power/Vol Down combination forces a shutdown, after which you can then power back on.

In case this is a warning sign of impending battery or motherboard failure, make sure your important data is backed up or synced on a regular basis!