Screen Icon Size.

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Is there anyway to reduce the size of the icons on the screen?
I have changed the grid to 6x5, but could do with them being a bit smaller.

Thanks.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

Is there anyway to reduce the size of the icons on the screen?
I have changed the grid to 6x5, but could do with them being a bit smaller.

Thanks.

If it's a Samsung phone there are hundreds if not thousands of icon packs to choose from. However their size is fixed, some are more compact though.
Many 3rd party launchers allow you this option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nova Launcher certainly has the option to adjust the size of icons, so you could give that a try.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Nova Launcher certainly has the option to adjust the size of icons, so you could give that a try.

How does Nova stack up to the Samsung native one on the Note 10 as far as stability and resource usage?

I've loaded and considered it but it looks like another time sucking black hole... and I like a lot about the stock launcher including the many icon packs. Very stable too.
Need the pay version to really test it... it's been on the back burner awhile.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nova has never had any impact on performance for me on Pixel phones. If anything, it makes things a little snappier on older devices.

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Nova is good, but cannot have links to files and folders on it, on the homescreen unless I am missing something.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nova is good, but cannot have links to files and folders on it, on the homescreen unless I am missing something.
I'm not sure what you mean, you only need a file explorer that includes this option and the shortcut will be added on Nova home screen. I do this sometimes with files and folders using Solid Explorer.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean, you only need a file explorer that includes this option and the shortcut will be added on Nova home screen. I do this sometimes with files and folders using Solid Explorer.
I've done the same using Nova, except I use Total Commander.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Nova's grid size options is why I can't have phone or tablet without it. On my S6 Tablet, I set grid to 15x15 for home screen. Allows me to easy see 23 app icons, multiple widgets (email, calendar, weather, web bookmarks, search bar), with plenty room to spare. All on 1 screen.

Icons are not much smaller either. The grid largely cuts down on all those huge gaps between icons. Wasted space.

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have had another go with Total commander, create the shortcut on the home screen, still don't show up, am I missing a setting in Nova?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and nothing is happening on Nova desktop, but they showing up on the normal desktop, odd
That's very strange. Which phone do you have? This was an old problem with Nova launcher that was fixed several years ago. Which Nova version do you have? Did you download it from the Play Store or from a different source?

Also, make sure that Nova has all the permissions enabled.