S6 phone jack while charging

madmaths

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I'm looking for a good tablet, i will use it in my jeep for gps navigation and entertainment in the camper. I was looking at the s6 but in the spect there no 3.5 jack! Since i will use this in the jeep i would like to be able to plug the audio out and charging at the same times! Any recommendation? Thanks . If you have a bette tablet I mind for me ahead but no ipad!! Hahaha thanks

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: 3.5 jack

Hi! I'm looking for a good tablet, i will use it in my jeep for gps navigation and entertainment in the camper. I was looking at the s6 but in the spect there no 3.5 jack! Since i will use this in the jeep i would like to be able to plug the audio out and charging at the same times! Any recommendation? Thanks . If you have a bette tablet I mind for me ahead but no ipad!! Hahaha thanks

The Tab S4 has a headphone jack I believe. You can get em fairly cheap too these days.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any time I've seen this question pop up before, it seems those dual use adapters are not recommended due to overheating concerns. If you do decide to get a tablet without a headphone jack, then I'd suggest a Bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the aux input in the vehicle.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Any time I've seen this question pop up before, it seems those dual use adapters are not recommended due to overheating concerns. If you do decide to get a tablet without a headphone jack, then I'd suggest a Bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the aux input in the vehicle.

I definitely wouldn't recommend those dual adapters either. Samsung even put out a warning not to use them b/c of overheating issues.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys think the s6 is a good choice for my application? With a bluetooth adaptor?

For me a tablet would be too large logistically for me to use as a gps in my car, but I'm unsure of your layout so I can't say whether or not it would work for you.

madmaths

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
For me a tablet would be too large logistically for me to use as a gps in my car, but I'm unsure of your layout so I can't say whether or not it would work for you.

Tablet are use a lot for overlanding gaia, backcountry .... apps are use a lot with a tablet