Need for Speed Shift Additional Download Error

chambax

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased Need for Speed Shift from the Marketplace and when I tried to run it I was prompted to download additional content. I clicked to download and then I was told I have an unsupported device.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have the Galaxy Tab on AT&T.
Thanks.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing you can do, and this whole thing is a joke on the part of EA. I can't get them to email me about the issue, and you can't even email them about a problem with your Galaxy Tab since your device is unsupported and the email won't validate. I had to choose some other device just to get the email to go through, and even though they said they'd get back to me in 24 hours via email, it's been 4 days and no contact and no resolution. Thanks to the 15 minute refund window, I'm out a dollar. Not a ton of money, but a ripoff is a ripoff.

My solution is simple -- I will never buy an EA product again.

xvflutop

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. Then I went back into the market and looked at the additional info for the game and it definitely says Tab not supported. Luckily I was able to get my dollar back.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
What they should do is give you an error when you try to download the additional files that says, "your device is not supported". Instead, it tells you to go to the website for tech support. The tech support is so ridiculously poorly implemented that it takes 20 minutes to send out an email. And now you're past the 15 minute window.

If they want to tell me "tough noogies, you didn't read the fine print" then at least I know where they stand. But the fact that they aren't replying to my emails is the part that irritates me the most because that's a breakdown in customer support. And that's the reason why I'll just avoid all EA products in the future.

Last edited:

chambax

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I guess I'm not the only one with this problem. Although I have seen YouTube videos of people playing the game with their tab. That's the only reason I still downloaded it after seeing the line about the tab not being supported. Very annoying...

gigatigga

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Well i guess it is my fault for not reading the fine print. But i figured since i paid for it, i might as well try it on my droid pro, surprise it doesn't work on there either. Well least i didn't get burned for 2 dollars...:mad:

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, I sent another message to EA three days ago and no response other than the, "we'll get back to you within 24 hours" auto-reply I've gotten twice. There's actually a mailbox set up for the emails sent through the form, and there are no messages received there, which means it's not getting blocked by a spam filter or being deleted somehow. EA is simply not responding to my messages.

If you go to the Market, half the comments are that the game won't load and they can't get a refund. I am actually astonished that this isn't a story on the front page -- the fact that a company as large as EA has chosen to basically rip-off Android users and refrain from even responding to support messages is head scratching. I've had crappy support in the past from various companies, but never a case where they simply would not respond. And the bizarre thing is that all of my messages are logged in their system. What is going on here?

I can't understand how this game is supported on such few phones. And I can't understand why EA has done nothing to make them more compatible.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
This should be a lesson lol READ THE GAMES DESCRIPTION. Haha

If that's EA's position, then they should say so. But the thing that torks me off the most is that they aren't responding at all. That's total customer service fail.

If I had an underpowered phone like the Optimus, I'd be more careful about reading the compatibility warnings, but who would think a game wouldn't flat out run on the SGT? Or the entire Galaxy line for that matter? It's nonsensical.