Why is my facebook continually shutting down?

Kat Knapp

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Facebook shuts down

Recently my tablet performed an automatic update...since then....when I've viewing my FB and click on a friend's wall....it will just shut down...meaning...my Facebook will just shutdown...I have to restart it....never had any issues with this at all until the update. And sometimes no matter what app I'm using...it will just lock up...??? Any suggestions as to what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Kat

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Facebook shuts down

Was it an update to the tablet or the Facebook app? If it was an update on the app, it might be that it's just bugged (Facebook has those in abundance!).

But, the usual thing to try first if an app starts misbehaving is to go to the Application Manager and clearing Cache for it. If that doesn't work, you can try clearing data too, but this will mean that you will lose all app data. In this case, it's only a matter of re-logging in and setting up your preferences like chat ringtone, etc., so it's not that much.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, it can still be a bug with the Facebook app. Caused by the tablet update, yes, but still an app issue. Try the clearing method above first. If it doesn't work, send your issue via the Facebook app. They might have a lot of bugs and not respond to e-mails, but they DO work issues out pretty quickly (at least in the beta program).

Krista Karcher

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I have had this problem recently, too, and it is driving me nuts! I tried uninstalling and re-installing the FB app, restarting the tablet, etc. and nothing has worked. Please post if you find a solution, Kat!

Shameer Ali

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Hi. I am having the same issue on galaxy tab. FB App keeps crashing after few seconds. Reinstalling didnt work. Any solution out there?

Marie Kelly

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Was it an update to the tablet or the Facebook app? If it was an update on the app, it might be that it's just bugged (Facebook has those in abundance!).

But, the usual thing to try first if an app starts misbehaving is to go to the Application Manager and clearing Cache for it. If that doesn't work, you can try clearing data too, but this will mean that you will lose all app data. In this case, it's only a matter of re-logging in and setting up your preferences like chat ringtone, etc., so it's not that much.